IntelliJ 14 is out and our Ultimate freebie license renewed

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
There is a ton of yummy looking stuff in this release. Some picks that seem relevant to our interests (lots of debug stuff):
  • Show Variables & Show Referring Objects (I think Eclipse had the ladder, now IntelliJ too) make debugging easier
  • Lambda Evaluation should be good for when we make the jump to Java 8
  • Smarter indention and code style detection should help stay cleaner, IntelliJ should be able to figure out the existing style and match it automatically
  • More Scala fun to make @Skaldarnar happy :D
  • More Gradle fun too, although unsure if it'll help until you import/link with Gradle which we can't do just yet
  • Java FX's Scene Builder is available in the editor - launcher yay?
  • Better log viewer for Git, yay!
  • Improved Git push options, maybe that'll help in big workspaces with multiple Git roots with different named remotes/branches
  • Support for Groovy 2.3 Traits, which sounds kinda Component-y, although it probably isn't very applicable to our architecture (being that we use straight Java etc)
Download: https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/

Terasology contributors can use the Ultimate Edition for free as we have an open source freebie license. I've renewed it as our 2014 entry is about to expire. If you would like the license just ping me via convo or email :)