Intro Java Newbie, looking to help out and learn.

Aron Edwards

Liking the direction of this project and been impressed by the engine so far.
  • Name:Aron
  • Social:Github aronedwards91
  • Skills / Tools: Java, android basics, some graphic design in past
  • Found via: Liked Minecraft, looked at open source projects could throw myself in to.
  • Interests: Reading, writing, Tabletop game design, science & tech.
Nice to meet you all.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome! :)

Any questions or particular area you'd like to work in?

Aron Edwards

What Modules are best to examine first to get an idea of coding for the app?
I'm gonna work on my own module first need to get a bit of practice in with IDE & code/test process, before looking at making myself useful on the main code base, not yet got much coding confidence, but once feel stronger will have a look in the small fixes section.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
We have a few really cool tutorial modules with some good lessons and docs attached:
As for content modules it helps to download the game Omega zip since it has a large number of modules and the gameplay templates that put them to use :)

Especially JoshariasSurvival (template), Dynamic Cities (template) + MedievalCities, and GooeysQuests (solo) make use of a lot of very cool stuff. Each has a different focus, JS is mostly crafting / machines / making things while DC showcases procedurally growing cities and GQ a dungeon generator with a guide and a surprise or two.

All the modules are under the Terasology org on GitHub and usually have one or more related threads over in the module forum :)