Maybe in the future... app?

Hello! This is a idea I got when I searched at Google. Something for the far future I think.

When the game is built up completely, and if it becomes a popular game, maybe you can make Terasology into an app using abode air (or another program).

What's good with an app: You can play the game without needing a computer.

What's bad with an app: If you have a computer to play at for most time, you don't need an app.

So, what do you think? Is this anything to see after some time? The future will tell the answer I think.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yup, usual story. There's been some thought on it and if we succeed at actually creating a game first we might be able to do an app, since that's all the rage these days. Android is a natural target due to Java, but there are so many huge assumptions on the way there that further speculation is not likely to result in anything constructive for quite a while.

Anybody is free to try to simply make the current code work on Android, but nothing has been done to optimize it and it would likely run terribly if you could even get it working without substantial tinkering.

AlbireoX

Unsuccessful Javascript Evangelist
Contributor
Logistics
Cervator said:
it would likely run terribly if you could even get it working without substantial tinkering.
It gets < 30FPS on my desktop.