Intro re"vamp"ing your world!

Discussion in 'Contributor Introductions' started by vampcat, Mar 20, 2017 at 7:54 AM.

1. vampcat

vampcat New Member

• Name: Aresh "vampcat" Mishra
    • Social: Github
    • Skills / Tools: Everything that's needed, and more ;) I've taken every language, tool and game engine I could lay my hands on out for a spin (everything from Java to Python, PHP to JS, SQL to FoxPro, Unity to Ogre), but a C++ IDE running on Windows and compiling an OpenGL program is what I love the most.
    • Found via: GSoC :D
    • Interests: Mostly game development, specifically renderings and simulations on GPU (RayTracing, fluid simulations, or anything remotely related) that make the world much more beautiful just by existing! (Terasology shaders, here I come!)
    • Extra: Games have always fascinated me, for they are the respite from reality that we all sorely need. That, coupled with the fact that I love creating. Making an entire world out of nothing, a world where I can make fishes fly and flowers grow in mid-air, and make them look amazing while they do all this is what makes me tick.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. manu3d

manu3d Pixel Forge Artisan

You mean you have not tried Perl? Or Tcl/Tk? Shocking. :D
  3. Skaldarnar

Skaldarnar Badges badges badges badges mushroom mushroom! Staff Member

Nor did you work with ocaml, haskell, erlang? shame on you :D

I don't think there is much to say here, just keep the good work and discussions up. I'm interested in what you come with as potential task ;)
  4. vampcat

vampcat New Member

I have worked with Perl and OCaml my good sirs, I just prefer languages that don't make me feel like ripping my hair out :)

And I certainly hope you'll like I propose, Skaldarnar :)
  5. Hybrid

Hybrid New Member

Nice thread title, @vampcat :D. You need a profile pic though.

I think all of us will be pleasantly surprised when we see your work.

Wanna trade proposals? I need an extra eye on mine, and @manu3d is too busy to comment right now.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 7:39 PM
  6. vampcat

vampcat New Member

There we go, now I look pretty too! :D

And sure @Hybrid, I'll be glad to :D
    PM?