Team update!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
In continuing my quest to flood the forum with text here's an overall update on team stuff! I've been working on sorting out who's doing what and which holes that leaves us with. And I never really realized how much we've grown already, beyond just who is committing stuff to GitHub (easy to forget about media, social management, feedback, etc)

http://wiki.movingblocks.net/Main/DevTeam - please let me know if I missed anybody, if something is inaccurate, or if somebody would like any other update or change for any reason :)

I've also been sorting stuff in the issue tracker, trying to find some stuff for everybody and then another pile of tempting treasures for anybody interested in finding something do to. There are three new milestones for longer term stuff, tho the "Architecture" one is more or less active as is. Other long term goals are "Multiplayer" (yay!) and "Worldshaping" (fancy)

https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/issues - more coming over the weekend as I get more time to organize

Finally I'd like to make a call to set a rough time once a week as a goal for as many of us as possible to hit IRC at the same time. So far I've come up with about 4-6 PM EST (my timezone, that's 9-11 pm UTC) as an initial guess, covering the US with afternoon, Europe evening, Western Russia late evening/early night, Australia early morning Sunday. Could try to hit early morning US instead to get Australia at late night, but so far it seems 4-6 PM EST tends to be fairly active. Feedback please! This isn't meant to be any sort of mandatory dev meeting or anything, just a thought that setting a time would allow more people to aim for it, then we'll see what shows up. Geeky dev talk, weekly minecraft session if somebody has a server, or whatever :)

And thanks again everybody for actually help us create a brand new community here!

Exile

Contributor
Art
Loving the writings :) Keep up the work and the huge posts Cerv

Idea: Get a list of peoples available times in a thread, then correlate that information into an official Team meeting :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
I'm guess this invitation would include me because I see my name here ... http://wiki.movingblocks.net/Main/DevTeam :oops: :oops: :oops: never been part of a dev team before :shock:

That would be 3-5 pm CST (my time) Cervator and you did not say a day (?) but Saturday of Sunday might be the best days for me. On week days I am at work at that time but as Exile said check everyone to see when the best time would be.

I am not sure what I could add to a group meeting like this would be but I sure could (eavesdrop ;) ) listen in and maybe learn a little.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh nice! I posted a suggestion for time of week without remembering the day :oops:

Yeah, that was meant to be Saturday EST, which would be Sunday morning for Immortius for instance.

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Tiny correction. Its Kai Kratz not KaiKratz :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Fixed! Still not sure how to classify what you do on there tho. Maybe you defy classification :D

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Just put random there :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps