Intro Warm Hello to Everybody

Discussion in 'Contributor Introductions' started by Rishabh, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Rishabh

Rishabh New Member

• Name: Rishabh Jain
    • Social: Facebook, Github (my nick will mostly contain my name in it.)
    • From: Department of Computer Science & Information Systems, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India
    • Skills / Tools: I have the knowledge of C/C++, Java, Python, mySQL and almost all of web development languages. I have a good experience with fusion 360, Unity and Unreal engine 4. I was also an instructor in my college student teaching program for 'Introduction to Game development'.
    • Found via: Googling 'GSoC 2017' search result
    • Interests: I've no past experience with the open-source contribution, but I'm really eager to contribute and learn from it. I'm really interested in working with an open-source game project organization like Terasology. I have played Minecraft and liked the concept. And so will be happy to work on something like this, for this summers as a 'GSoC 2017' project.
    • Extra: Though I have worked on some of my own projects which include creating objects, maps, small games and some props for those games only, It'll be a great experience if I can be a part of something at this scale. I also like to watch TV series, and movies and get some motivation/ideas from those (GOT and Westworld more specifically). I'm an avid foodie and also practice scriptwriting as a hobby. I know basic Spanish. I also have a good amount of experience with Finance and marketing.
    Will look forward to work with all of the developers. You can add me on Facebook too. Let's code!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cervator

Cervator Project Lead and Community Wizard Staff Member

Good to see you made it to the forum! Finance and marketing? Neat, that's not something we come across often :D GoT and Westworld are excellent sources for inspiration, we also have a brewing LOTR-inspired setup going somewhere.

Have you gotten set up to run from source code yet, checked out the GitHub wiki some, etc?
  3. TheOddDolphin

TheOddDolphin New Member

Hi there! Nice to see another guy who got here from GSOC!
  4. Skaldarnar

Skaldarnar Badges badges badges badges mushroom mushroom! Staff Member

[​IMG]

Welcome everybody, good to have you here :)