Welcome!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
While Destination Sol has a nice community on Steam already, including forums, I wanted to make sure there was a location away from Steam as well for those who may prefer it that way.

It will take a while to get started with serious contributions, but there are many good ways in which our development on both Terasology and Destination Sol can help the projects together.

DS uses LibGDX and has a working version on both Android and Steam, all topics we're curious about for Terasology. In return we have a series of Java libraries that could be used on DS to expand its functionality, add modding, maybe even multiplayer. And by integrating those we can improve the libraries themselves as they're meant for general usage outside Terasology as well.

This place (and the forum in general) may remain fairly quiet for a while, but do not be shy or worry about activity, we tend to be more vocal on IRC, in our Slack, on GitHub, and so on :)

theotherjay

I've glanced through a few of the issues and requests on the steam forums (Suggestions, General, Troubleshooting) and am wondering where we should manage our vetted feature/bug development backlog. What do you guys normally do for this in Terasology? Do you guys manage this in GitHub?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
We talked on IRC already but just to get the official word in here I think it'll be easier to track stuff for Destination Sol.

Terasology is spread across dozens of repositories over GitHub and we've been at this for a long time so we've come up with several different systems over time (GitHub, Waffle.io, Trello, various forums, and several older tools) and we're honestly still looking for the ideal setup .. :)

For now at least Destination Sol is only a single repo so I imagine we'll put all bugs and for-sure planned features meant to be developed in the short-term on the GitHub issue tracker while keeping longer term plans and open ideas on a Trello board. Planning to take a look at that in the coming weekend