WIP Animals

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
GitHub would be good for the revision tracking. Especially if changes are made that are later regretted?

But it can be a little tricky. Unless you end up setting up to run from source anyway (also helps enable testing)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
x3ro - yeah, TeraMisc is a separate repo :)

I was thinking about doing a couple levels of functional categorization (art/creatures) then actually add "/author" to have an obvious way to track who did what - or does that sound silly? Could just use the commit message.

I could probably set it up more tonight.

x3ro

Contributor
GUI
Cervator: The easiest way to keep track of author would be that everyone who authors a file submits a pull request to add or modify the file. That way we'll have the authors right in the git log :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Cervator: The easiest way to keep track of author would be that everyone who authors a file submits a pull request to add or modify the file. That way we'll have the authors right in the git log :)
Most definitely. But will all artists be willing/able to go through the trouble of setting up on GitHub? That's where I'm figuring we might lose a few :)

Eleon

Hi all.
I´m a kind of good at Blender but im not very creative.
So if some one posts a picture of an Animal i will try to create it.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Cervator: Thats true. In those cases you can use

Code:
git commit --author "Foo Bar <foo@artist.com>"
Nice - maybe that'll hit the spot. Thanks :)

Eleon - welcome! I suspect there are still some sketches further back in this thread that haven't been done in Blender yet :)

basilix

Contributor
Art
Select one of those edges and press "Alt + m" then click "Collapse". Do this for the whole loop. The body of the bear should look the this image here;
Edit: I presumed you are using blender. If you are using 3ds max there is a button on the edge properties at right panel

Attachments

A'nW

Contributor
Art
I saw the suggestion of a snake on the first page, so I figured I whip something up yesterday as I haven't seen one made. This is what I did. I call it... the Deadly Grass Viper! (yeah, I have no idea why... it just sounds better than "snake" :) ).
TeraAnimalSnake.png

And then, wandering around outside I took this picture... ok, ok, just kidding. :) I did do a "beauty shot" though. Just for fun (and to try a couple of things). Here is that if anyone wants to see it...
TeraSnake.jpg