WIP Animals

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
hey have somebody time to make a Uv map of my model????Im quite stressed and next week i go into vacation for two weaks!It would be very helpful!

glasz

Contributor
Art
I'm afraid very few people will have time to uvmap for others :D It's kind of a painful process we'd prefer to avoid i think...

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
oh ok thats sad...and it's not nice that the golden donkey was promoted and not the deer.....The donkey haven't got a texture.....

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
oh ok thats sad...and it's not nice that the golden donkey was promoted and not the deer.....The donkey haven't got a texture.....
The golden donkey was a request for a very specific purpose - a reference to something funny. I look forward to getting all the models in game and highlighting them individually :)

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
The golden donkey was a request for a very specific purpose - a reference to something funny. I look forward to getting all the models in game and highlighting them individually :)
okay thats fair...i was too angry i think!But i thought only this one will be added and the other ones not...!But im still stressed and have no time for Uv mapping...i made some maps in 20 min but they look shitty ;D !So i have to work after my vacation on it!Se you in 2 weeks !Bye

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
okay thats fair...i was too angry i think!But i thought only this one will be added and the other ones not...!But im still stressed and have no time for Uv mapping...i made some maps in 20 min but they look shitty ;D !So i have to work after my vacation on it!Se you in 2 weeks !Bye
No problem! We've got plenty of time, and will try to get everything (realistic) into the game when ready :)

Enjoy your vacation! :cool:

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
A block is 1 unit cubed.
The player character is currently 1.6 units tall.

metouto

Contributor
Art
I don't know about poly count (I'll take glasz's word that it is good) but I know what I like and I think that model of the lion is good looking to me Double_A :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
That is a nice looking lion! Well done :)

For now I think we can say blocks are cubic meters for ease. Unsure if that's final yet

We can scale these kinds of models anyway, right? To create both horses and ponies ;)

basilix

Contributor
Art
Hello everyone! This is my first post here and i made a sheep :)
I realy like this style tbh, donkey and lion looks amazing. I cant see wolfghard's images on the last 3 pages btw, so i cant realy tell anything about yours, sorry..

Attachments

glasz

Contributor
Art
basilix : It's nice, the proportions and shapes are good. But IMHO it could use more details, mostly on the head. What would you think about adding a slightly exageretedly protuberant muffle? and stylised/simplified ears maybe too...

Double_A

Contributor
Art
@basilix : It's good so far, but not perfect...
The back part of the head could be a little bit wider, I think.
Also I wouldn't model the eyes. Eye textures should be enough. And I guess it's easier to change facial expressions if the eyes are just textures.

And yeah it's missing the ears. :)

basilix

Contributor
Art
Added mouth and ears...
http://p3d.in/CZM4C
I only made simple meshes like these so far, soo not sure how much better it could get. I can share the model here and you can improve it if you got time.
I can try out some other basic animal shapes if you think it would be helpfull.
Lastly i realy didnt understand what "protuberant muffle" means, english isnt my main language.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi basilix ! Nice sheep and cat, your skill is fine :)

I like the look of them, although it seems like they're a little too "round" ? You're very close to the style, the others here should be able to give better feedback, I'm not much of an artist :D

"Protuberant" (protrude) means "sticking out" - like a nose or something. Not sure what the whole thing is supposed to mean :cowbell: