Music-making livestream?

Would you watch my music-making livestream?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
Hey guys.
I just wanted to ask if some people are interested in watching a music-making livestream.

I'll work on some ambient soundtracks during the next weekend so if you are interested in how they are made, just tell me. :) All I need atm is a good streaming software for mac osx, because I got no idea how to stream on a mac.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I'd be interested, but then I'd be up for jumping on to just about anything if I'm around and have time for it :D

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
I finally installed a streaming software and signed up to livestream.com. The only problem now is, that my music program outputs the sound directly to my speakers so the recording software doesn't record that.

I switched the audio output to the recording software and it seems to work, but the recording software outputs my sound with about 500ms delay so I can't play live, because my ears automatically try to match the tempo I hear during my speakers.

Is there a software for mac out there, that can redirect audio into 2 different audio drivers? I think I could turn off the audio output from my recording software, but I wouldn't hear anything while playing. I'm using Reason 5 and the Livestream.com Procaster software.

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
I finally installed a streaming software and signed up to livestream.com. The only problem now is, that my music program outputs the sound directly to my speakers so the recording software doesn't record that.

I switched the audio output to the recording software and it seems to work, but the recording software outputs my sound with about 500ms delay so I can't play live, because my ears automatically try to match the tempo I hear during my speakers.

Is there a software for mac out there, that can redirect audio into 2 different audio drivers? I think I could turn off the audio output from my recording software, but I wouldn't hear anything while playing. I'm using Reason 5 and the Livestream.com Procaster software.
Use twitch.tv and their program they use to stream. It works quite nice.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Use twitch.tv and their program they use to stream. It works quite nice.
Yeah, but supposedly not for Macs :(

A quick search on "MacOS" on their forum reveals multiple frustrated users with similar issues and no obvious software choices.

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Yeah, but supposedly not for Macs :(

A quick search on "MacOS" on their forum reveals multiple frustrated users with similar issues and no obvious software choices.
That's why I don't like Macs, 1. They're over expensive, 2. They like to freeze whenever you're doing important work at school and stuff like that. 3. There's not a lot of programs compatible with them, 4. They're not meant for gaming.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Quality seems fine to me, tools are nice and clear, although yeah maybe mic placement can be improved slightly :)

The site makes me a little suspicious about how nagging they're going to be - can't view a stream without signing up for an account, unless the host has a paying account. I'll reserve judgement there till I get a feel for how much they're going to hit my inbox ;)

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
I think you can actually watch a stream without signing up, but you can't watch archived videos as a guest ;) I could do a stream this weekend, what time would be good?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Saturday sometime - I should be available most the time, so counting time zones that's from mid-afternoon till evening Euro time. Sunday is a little more sketchy :)