• Yep, same problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It works fine for me.

• There's an inventory with air in it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I open any inventory where a block called Air exists, air start existing as normal blocks, respawning every time I break them. With other words, air trapped me in a game (o_O, :trollestia:?). I think this can be fixed by removing air from all inventories.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
It may be the block id issue, where the air blocks in the world are replaced by another type (kind of id overflow). It looks in the game like invisible blocks all around you. You cannot break them, though. Have a look at this issue.
Which mods do you have activated? Any chance that minerals or fences are enabled?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah that's a known bug. Try running the game in "Survival" in a new world without any mods enabled - most likely that'll work fine. Then enable a few mods at a time until you've got what you want.

Any chance that minerals or fences are enabled?
Yes, there is a chance.

Yeah that's a known bug. Try running the game in "Survival" in a new world without any mods enabled - most likely that'll work fine. Then enable a few mods at a time until you've got what you want.
Well, I'll just stop pressing f5 then (The obvious solution).
Can you remove the air block from the block picker in some of the following updates? The block isn't actually needed as a building or crafting material (as far as I know) and it seems to be the problem. If the block picker isn't loading the air block, it shouldn't be able to replace air if it's a bug (seems like logic to me).:geek:

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
It isn't because air is in the block picker. It is because the block ids overflow and the air block gets overwritten. What we need to do is increase the number of ids and add overflow protection. :)

It isn't because air is in the block picker. It is because the block ids overflow and the air block gets overwritten. What we need to do is increase the number of ids and add overflow protection. :)
o_O Do you mean that there isn't enough block ids registered and the ones that isn't registered overwrite other ids when they start existing in the game world?

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Exactly so. Once the 256 ids are used up, the next block is given the id 0, which is air. Then air starts acting like that block. Most blocks are only assigned an id when they are first used, but unfortunately the block inventory menu causes them all to be assigned.

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
The problem is the fence mod, it's been tested. Just don't use that mod for now or don't use F5

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
nah, not exactly the fence mod only. The fence mods adds new blocks (namely the fences) and the minerals mod adds new blocks to. Together they will exceed the number of block ids, so basically you have to choose which one of the two you would like take. As the minerals are not placed in the world by a generator, you might want to choose the fences for nice buildings instead of tons of new stone type :p

Exactly so.
:)
The problem is the fence mod, it's been tested. Just don't use that mod for now or don't use F5
OK, but could it really be that much ids in that mod?(just asking)
nah, not exactly the fence mod only. The fence mods adds new blocks (namely the fences) and the minerals mod adds new blocks to. Together they will exceed the number of block ids, so basically you have to choose which one of the two you would like take. As the minerals are not placed in the world by a generator, you might want to choose the fences for nice buildings instead of tons of new stone type :p
Question answered.

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Ah thanks, haven't really gotten time to research the actual cause.