Alpha Status

Raphahell

Hello guys!

Just found out this game and i am really wondering when it will get out of Alpha

I really want this game to go to the other stage,it needs a lot of things to be implemented

How old is this game?

1 year ? and still in Alpha ?

What do you think about this ?

Raphahell

The game rocks very very hard

It can be much better than minecraft

But beside graphics it needs other things too

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Yes, you're right. And that's why the game is still in pre-alpha. Have a look at the incubator topics to get an idea of what is currently under development. If you have any additional suggestions that can push the project further, feel free to share them in the suggestions-section ;)

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Well, it probably will take some time - years most likely. That is the way of things with purely hobby projects like this - we put in time where we can. The reason it is pre-alpha is because we recognize there is a lot that still needs to be done - alpha often signifies that all the core features are complete.

Edit: What Skaldarnar said.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hello Raphahell !

Your main questions are already accurately answered. A possibly more intriguing question is when we'll actually get into Alpha in the first place.

For that answer I'd like to think before the year is over, but that may still be optimistic now that we're about half-way through the year. No way to be anywhere near sure since all our schedules are shaky and sometimes we just suddenly get a bunch of new contributors speeding up important tasks :)

I hope to post a more detailed answer on Alpha status soon. We need stable multiplayer, the launcher finished, and a solid content module (Light & Shadow) mostly done as the most critical missing pieces. Outlook based on the last month or two is trending toward positive :)

Raphahell

Yes i get it guys,thanks for answering

But only you are working for this game ? i mean ur not a company or something like this ?

Minecraft was in pre alpha and alpha too but it developed faster

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
It's just a hobby for all of us, we spent our time for this project because its fun ;) And no, we're no real company with hired to people to work after a specific time schedule.

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
There has been a time where I've been working day and night on this project... But I am not a student anymore. :)

Funny to see how the first commit was just a primitive render loop rendering some blocks using a primitive noise function. Absurd.