Animals and races

glasz

Contributor
Art
About animals, i was thinking that, if we go with tech/magic theme, they could react differently to each faction. A creature hostile to a faction could be a possible pet/minion/ressource for the other faction and vice versa.

eleazzaar

Contributor
Art
I guess they are cute. I wasn't really going for that, except in as much as "cute" is the same thing as "simple" and "has big expressive eyes."

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I might be stuck on the big happy-looking purple dog, or I might have had too much MLP exposure with bright primary colors :D

Dragons!!!!!!!!!!! :D Lots of dragons!!!!!!!!!!!! :D or maybe not so many, but it would be cool to have dragons in the game. What about making diffrent types of dragons? :)

Example: The red dragon type is very agressive and attacks you, while the blue dragon type is mostly friendly and can be tamed to be your pet that you can ride. The green dragon is mostly hiding and spying and the black dragon type is more mysterious and it should be fun if you get some kind of riddle that you can solve to get to know more about the worlds (terasology's world) creation (not anything about game development thanks :laugh: ) or other (eventual) dimensions when you defeat one or make one you friend. How's that?

So, then I think we have a basic idea of how the dragons CAN be. Do you have any better idea for colors and behaviour? ;) Then please post! :)

What do you think? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hello! I've posted this thread here because that the other forum is closed. So, here's another thread with the same type of use.

:)

Remember the dragons I talked about in the old forum? If you want them to possibly be in the game, wouldn't the dragons feel more natural in the environment if they was there when you started to play the game? This could be one of the differences with it being a mod/plugin/add-on or a standard in-game creature/function. This is, of course, not only for the dragons, but for all the creature or function ideas on the forum. Maybe it's only I that think that way, but I have an idea.

And my idea is: let the gamers decide. The gamers on the forum(if there are any) could vote in some way when looking in these forums. Then, if many people likes an idea, we make it a standard in game creature/function. If there isn't many who likes it, we make it a mod. What about that?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thread merge powers activate! All the threads from the old forum were migrated over here, just look around as they might be hiding somewhere or not yet have been moved to the appropriate forum - like this one was over in General Dev, but I moved it here to Suggestions then merged your new thread on top of this one.

Modding - yeah we'll have some sort of process to determine what should be in the core "game modes" - just don't quite know what yet.

dei

Java Priest
Contributor
Design
Art
This voting would be made possible introducing a ideaTorrent or something similar but for all features/art... Already proposed this in another thread. So might become reality hopefully soon.

By making ideaTorrent into one word makes it sound like some sort of code.
Code:
if ideaTorrent = true {
  showmessage="Is this code?"
  }
:)
lol, just wondering what ideaTorrent is.

eleazzaar

Contributor
Art
lol, just wondering what ideaTorrent is.
In that case you should type "ideaTorrent" into your browser's search bar and see what comes up.

Reactions: dei
I can't get to the ideaTorrent website right now, and I actually didn't explore it much before, but it's a system for questions and polls, right? We can create a new directory in the forums containing threads with polls on features we wonder if people want to have in the game. Then people can also comment what they think about the function/feature/creature.

dei

Java Priest
Contributor
Design
Art
Not exactly, else this forum would go with the same description (questions, polls, comments...) Sadly the ideatorrent Website is down in the moment but you can have a look at it on http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ They're working with it successfully for over 2 years.

It's a system to identify problem areas in products or services. It's like a well done mix between issue-tracker, poll-system and forum. You can suggest a 'problem' and your possible solution(s) to it. Then others can propose alternative solutions themselves and vote on the existing solutions. Of course for each problem/solution you can make comments discussing or clarifying the solution more profoundly.

It's much more structured than this forum and avoids posts like "I support your idea...". It also helps to keep problems, ideas separate and ordered by votes.
On this forum topics are mixed hopelessly and I've lost the overview an less than 2 days, not against you Cervator, I think moderating/splitting/merging idea-threads in this forum is a thing of impossibility.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah I haven't had time to sort the older topics yet, and we end up turning topics belonging to one forum into a discussion really belonging elsewhere - it's all enthusiasm, but not very well organized enthusiasm :D