Status
Not open for further replies.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Heads up @Art Team - which is supposed tag the whole team with an upgrade of the TagMe addon I just installed, but I don't think it is working :(

I'd like for somebody good at Blender to please review the guide for using our block shape addon at https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/wiki/Block-Shapes-In-Blender (which might need an update, come to think of it?) or look at making a few custom shapes in another way and maybe improve the doc / do a little video tutorial if possible on how to do it - I think this would be useful and nice to have so we can show how relatively easy it is to add a new shape that's just right for some design :)

Block shapes I'd like to see soon'ish if doable:

• Column block - octogon is fine, if that works (6 sides plus center in a normal shape, but technically 10 here? Eh?)
  • Half-slope - like a slope but high end is only half a block tall
  • Upper half-slope - goes with the half-slope, starts at half a block tall and goes to a full block tall so together they slope from 0 to 1 height over 2 blocks wide
  • Half-block - straight forward, figured it might be useful :)
Secondly Josh has suggested we could use some custom art to make a Youtube channel extra pretty. That is, an avatar (up to 800x800, max size 1 mb) - SuperSnark Gooey style? And the stuff that wraps around your video display, which you can apparently figure out from / base on this template: http://www.mediafire.com/?pim57l428318l34 - could be as simple as a nice screenie or two cropped just right or as fancy as a Perdemot style wallpaper (how did those Gooeys in a mountain vista go, anyway?)

Any takers? :)

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Heads up @Art Team - which is supposed tag the whole team with an upgrade of the TagMe addon I just installed, but I don't think it is working :(

I'd like for somebody good at Blender to please review the guide for using our block shape addon at https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/wiki/Block-Shapes-In-Blender (which might need an update, come to think of it?) or look at making a few custom shapes in another way and maybe improve the doc / do a little video tutorial if possible on how to do it - I think this would be useful and nice to have so we can show how relatively easy it is to add a new shape that's just right for some design :)

Block shapes I'd like to see soon'ish if doable:

• Column block - octogon is fine, if that works (6 sides plus center in a normal shape, but technically 10 here? Eh?)
  • Half-slope - like a slope but high end is only half a block tall
  • Upper half-slope - goes with the half-slope, starts at half a block tall and goes to a full block tall so together they slope from 0 to 1 height over 2 blocks wide
  • Half-block - straight forward, figured it might be useful :)
Secondly Josh has suggested we could use some custom art to make a Youtube channel extra pretty. That is, an avatar (up to 800x800, max size 1 mb) - SuperSnark Gooey style? And the stuff that wraps around your video display, which you can apparently figure out from / base on this template: http://www.mediafire.com/?pim57l428318l34- could be as simple as a nice screenie or two cropped just right or as fancy as a Perdemot style wallpaper (how did those Gooeys in a mountain vista go, anyway?)

Any takers? :)
I was wondering when you would post this :)

A'nW

Contributor
Art
Hey Cerv, I take everything having to do with block shapes. It might take a couple of days though. I'm gone again this weekend. Does the addon need updated? I might be able to look at that also. I have some experience with python and Blender scripting.

As for the Youtube stuff, yes, I think that the avatar should be the Gooey style. For the background, I would put a nice screenshot of the game.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey Cerv, I take everything having to do with block shapes. It might take a couple of days though. I'm gone again this weekend. Does the addon need updated? I might be able to look at that also. I have some experience with python and Blender scripting.

As for the Youtube stuff, yes, I think that the avatar should be the Gooey style. For the background, I would put a nice screenshot of the game.
Thanks!

Checked with Immortius - the addon should still work, just need the secret sauce of how to get from the default cube you start Blender with to a valid shape you can export - ideally in the shape of a video tutorial :D

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
Thanks!

Checked with Immortius - the addon should still work, just need the secret sauce of how to get from the default cube you start Blender with to a valid shape you can export - ideally in the shape of a video tutorial :D
I would if I knew how to do it :) Maybe Immortius could explain me the directions and I'll make a video on it when I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.