Archived Art request: Bowling pins :D

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Difficulty: Not sure if these should be block shapes or models? Block shapes are easier and integrated already, you could just giveBlock yourself a set, place them as blocks, "break" them and hope their physics form will stay standing - then throw something at them with 'q' :D

Probably also need a way to make them persist in the world longer. Texture for a block could just be white, maybe a red band if it works out

Maybe a plain sphere without a base to it, too. And that cheese wheel, yeah ... :pinkiecrazy:

A'nW

Contributor
Art
Hey Cervator,
A bowling pin? You are easy to please! :) Kind of a cool idea though.
I think the broader idea of being able to place physics blocks is a cool idea. I don't have any examples at the moment... but it seems like a cool idea. :laugh:
LowPolyBowlingPin.png

I hope to be around more now also. If you happen to be wondering. I was looking for something to comment on and get me back into things when I saw this...

Rather irrelevant but... I figured if one pin is good, ten are better! Just a little picture I whipped up last night for fun after I saw this post. No real point to it.
LowPolyBowlingAlleyFinal.jpg

basilix
Not to bad at all. I think the red stripes might be a bit thin though. If it matters.

Perdemot

Contributor
Art
World
So we need the multiplayer done till the 25th and this with a bowling mod.
Then we have a Tournament :p

basilix

Contributor
Art
It looks pretty well A'nW, mine is lil too round for a cubic game :p I think yours would look better in the game :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome back, A'nW :D

So now we've got not one but two bowling pins, wee! And basilix I meant a custom block shape that would effectively be a bowling pin model, but with block-like qualities like being able to throw one with 'q' :)

That's probably not the right way to do it, that would just be a quick and dirty way to get them into the game faster! We should probably just add the model files instead, wrap them in prefabs, then place them like monkey heads. Then add a bowling ball too, make it a block item so you can hold it, enable its in-game existence so you can throw it ...

A'nW

Contributor
Art
Hey A'nW , glad to see you back :)
Welcome back, A'nW :D

So now we've got not one but two bowling pins, wee! And basilix I meant a custom block shape that would effectively be a bowling pin model, but with block-like qualities like being able to throw one with 'q' :)

That's probably not the right way to do it, that would just be a quick and dirty way to get them into the game faster! We should probably just add the model files instead, wrap them in prefabs, then place them like monkey heads. Then add a bowling ball too, make it a block item so you can hold it, enable its in-game existence so you can throw it ...
Thanks guys.