Request Art request - mascot, logo, badges

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hehe, I stared at that multiple times and finally got it. But it took effort :D

Maybe rather than stuffed cheeks it can have a toothy grin, some om nom nom anime face, a tear, or maybe rather than stuffed cheeks the sides of the cube itself could bulge in trying to contain the globe?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2343573639_49acdec9ab.jpg

Edit: As for your username change, I can rename accounts, you goofball, go back to your old one and I'll delete that extra (repost that one post please) :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
More badge requests for SuperSnark:

@immortus settled on some sort of texture for the Architect badge, rather than a specific color, tho not plaid ;) Maybe something... architecturey? Might be tricky to add text to, dunno!

"Admin" and "Moderator" might also be useful eventually (lower priority)

dei - not to overload you or anything, but could you try to see how "Terasology" would look inside a long cube that doesn't mix materials, if that's what screws up the text? Current logo proposal probably is indeed a bit too tall and the bottom of the text can be hard to see :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
I put my hands to work but am not even close to dei's ability (but just trying to help out).....

gelcub.png

Terasology.png

I had to use the yellow on dei's cube because the black did not show well. Now if you don't want to use them that is fine with me because the first was not ask for and the second is dei's work. The last thing I want to do here is step on toes or make people mad at me :thumbsup:

Attachments

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
I gave up on making a "world" inside my block. It's just too small. Let's just say that eating the whole world can fill you up entirely.

world2.png

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hehe. Could always just eat a mountain, or a tree, or something... :)

Anyway, sleepy time!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Great! I like it, the two line thing works well :)

Think there's room for a slight bit of subtle lattice in black to show that the blocks are made of individual bricks?

metouto

Contributor
Art
Had a little time to play in Paint.Net tonight and the only thing I could find to mess with was dei's banner (hope you don't mind dei :cautious: ) and these are what my time produced ......

Terasology Wave.png View attachment 263

Terasology Spider.png View attachment 264

Terasology fade.png View attachment 265

Terasology water.png View attachment 266

........ don't think they could be used for anything but they do show what a little time and experimentation can come up with in Paint.Net.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
metouto - nice and psychodelic, that second one at least :D

SuperSnark - that's a cute idea, we probably could merge the MovingBlocks logo with the GelCube concept. Needs more gelliness tho :pinkiehappy:

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
nice work, love that last cube, might try to give them a transparent border (like the original cubes) if that's possible

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
Do you really wanna see what Gooey eats?! I don't think you an handle the truth ...

the horror ... the horror ...

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Where are you getting all those from? :D

metouto

Contributor
Art
I found one purple cube on Google search that didn't seem to be copyrighted and I came up with the rest through reworks of that cube in "Paint.Net".

Post #35 is just a creation of my own. it is land with trees, grass, water, ground, and the black things at the very bottom are caves.

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Everything is copyrighted (unless it is older than Mickey). Some things just have a license applied to allow use.​

metouto

Contributor
Art
OK Immortius miss use of the word "copyrighted" I guess. o_O

Here is where I found the cube ... https://www.google.com/search?q=gel cubs&hl=en&pwst=1&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=XJ7XT9TEGIak8gS5waXXAw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CHEQ_AUoAQ&biw=1454&bih=704#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=gel cubes&oq=gel cubes&aq=f&aqi=g1g-mS4&aql=&gs_l=img.12..0j0i5i24l4.58724.58724.2.62621.1.1.0.0.0.0.99.99.1.1.0...0.0.sbdMXNuGr4k&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=515c86ebf7797be8&biw=1454&bih=704
..... at the end for the fourth page.
It is the sale of .....
Decorated Purple Cool Gel Light Up Ice Cubes. Now I see a copyright for the site, ad, and the
Cool Gel Light Up Ice Cubes themselves at the bottom of the page ..... but I see no place for the restriction of the use of purple cube art that is placed on google ( like in the 1st page 3rd picture).
But, Immortius, I could be wrong here (and most probably am). If you believe that my use of the purple cube is wrong and the copyright at the bottom of the page forbids me to use the art on goggle please tell me and I will happily remove it and all thing linked with it.
Please let me know as soon as you can.