Request Art request - mascot, logo, badges

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hehe, don't worry too much about that. Legal technicalities and all that - we'd probably want to avoid using stuff in-game that isn't custom by us or explicitly released, but there's no problem posting stuff :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
I have found a way to make squares in Paint.Net
and a way to add what looks like water:) to them.

4.png 4 (2).png

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Love those! Anything speaking against using the first one as our twitter profile logo?

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
I've created a small new logo for the forum here to see how those turn out (and already used the falling one as a mascot for our Facebook and Twitter account). Feel free to poke me if you don't like the combination and the color changes I've added to your original assets.

metouto

Contributor
Art
Glad to see you have used SuperSnark's work begla :D he has done a fine job on those blocks ;)

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
I like the new logo! I'm happy for you to use anything I've created. I like the purple version of "innocent Gooey". I created all this stuff using Inkscape and I can post the .svg files (native) if you'd like.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh wow, the new logo wasn't loading for me at home for some reason, but now I see it - snazzy! That looks really great, and the "Terasology" isn't slightly tilted anymore! :omg:

Thanks again for the gellies, SuperSnark, and begla for splicing it together and getting it up there :D

The native svg files sound like great candidates for us to check into the TeraMisc repo for later tweakage. Up for learning some Git, SuperSnark? :twilightsmile:

metouto

Contributor
Art
SuperSnark, how does Inkscape compare with Blender :coffee: or is it like Paint.Net & Gimp :whistle:

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
SuperSnark, how does Inkscape compare with Blender :coffee: or is it like Paint.Net & Gimp :whistle:
metouto - Inkscape is opensource/freeware and is PURELY for vector based drawing (like Adobe Illustrator). You can sort of fake 3D, but you can't really do 3D modelling like in Blender and you can't do raster style editing like you would in Photoshop or Gimp.

For vector based art I really love it. I'm still learning it (very much a noobie), but there are great tutorials online.

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
I fixed the architect badge (one pixel too short) and I created a new badge for the contributor role. Let me know what you think.

architect-f.png

contributor.png

metouto

Contributor
Art
Nicely done SuperSnark :thumbsup: I would hope that Cervator would exchange yours for the one I made :whistle: because it fits the block style of the game better than mine does. Again nicely done.

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
thanks metouto! working in these tiny spaces is a real challenge. I'm trying out some "favorite icons" aka favicons for the site and they're a tiny 16 x 16.

here's the first stab.

icon1.png

icon2.png

How are some of these favicons so detailed? Anyone have experience making them?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Tweaked! Thanks SuperSnark :)

I think we might have a soft border on some of them (art?) but not others (architect + contributor merge together). The mixed color and font also seems to stick out a little vs the other specific badges? Tho not as much as the old banner Contributor, certainly, so much progress. Thanks again to both of you :scootangel:

Mainly the Os and maybe the I stick out to me, but it is also 1 am and it's been a tiring day, my eyes are bleary ;)

Good favicon potential - I have no clue how they get so detailed.