Implementation BoundlessWorlds[BW]

Esereja

Contributor
Name: Boundless Worlds
Summary: A library mod that has lot of world generations tools in side.
Scope: Module
Dependencies:
Current Goals:

• Biome rasterizer(turning biome information to blocks)
  • biome definitions(what densities block equal at biomes)
  • Flora rasterizer for 3d terrain.
Implemented:
  • Stand alone world generator
  • Lot of noises and textures. from scifi to speudo structures to natural looking.
  • Layering and operators. Layers can be added, subtracted and all other fancy stuff.
  • Converter to default world generator
  • POWER OF WHITE NOISE!!!
Phase: Implementation
Curator: Esereja (also know as esapetri)

Many know all ready that I have been working on fancy world gen library called boundless worlds. I just added support to convert all that fancy stuff to default worldgen world. So now any one can create their fancy new worlds. This library adds lot of different noire types and lot of adapters. all stuf can be layered like in paint programs. there is examples and all fun in module called LandOfTerra. Look for example world to get basics how to use library. PerlinReloaded is example how to use it whit normal wordlgen.
Here some fancy pics of it:
terademo3.png terademo2.png terademo4.pngterademo5.pngterademo6.pngterademo8.png

Have fun!
Ps. Some one add scroll bar to drop down menu. It gets flooded at choose world generator and that greatly annoys me.(because I don't know how to do that and I am too lazy to fix it myself)

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
@Esereja - nice screenies! I'd love to have us get at those world features more, but we gotta have some of the extra text and understanding of the code so others can work it too :D

Any plans to integrate more closely with other modules / splitting out reusable stuff? Looking at the code it seems like there's a fair amount of overlap here and there, or code that could be in a more general utility module of some sort.

Esereja

Contributor
boudlessworlds is general utility library. LandOfTerra has only world definition in side, but no functional code. BoundlessWorlds should be stand-alone library for world generation an modification whit layers and other black magic.
Current version can work whit default world gen implementation whit conversions and BoundlessWorlds internal worldgen. I am planing to implement converter for AnotherWold world generator so it can be edited whit thin library.
Probably I will need to take Biomes out of this library else where to avoid conflicts.

Last edited: