Question Cannot lauch in Linux Mint 19

Kyle1974

Hi

I am trying to play the game in Linux Mint. I have tried the installer and also from the tar.gz folder.

The game seems to install but upon starting, the splash window comes up and things seem to be happening but then nothing else - I have tried a few times. I went back onto a Windows machine and it works straight off there - is there anything else I can try please?

I do have the open source version of Java but I didn't really want to sign up for the Oracle version plus it seems way complicated to install.

Many thanks in advance
Kyle

Adrijaned

Administrator
Contributor
My first thoughts - what version of Java do you have installed, and have you installed OpenJFX? (Must be installed separately although it used to be a part of java itself)

Kyle1974

My first thoughts - what version of Java do you have installed, and have you installed OpenJFX? (Must be installed separately although it used to be a part of java itself)
This is what comes up when I check - so perhaps OpenJFX is the answer?

openjdk version "11.0.6" 2020-01-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.6+10-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu118.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.6+10-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu118.04.1, mixed mode, sharing)

Kyle1974

Ah, that's it! Thank you!

I seem to have trouble on the SIngle Player and selecting the gameplay template? I can't seem to scroll up and down it? Or is the last entry GooeysQuests?

Thank you for the help!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Kyle1974 and welcome :)

In general it helps to look for and provide the game's log file if you're hitting issues. Also exactly what you downloaded and ran, that way we can advise better :thumbsup: It may also help to hop on chat / Discord for live help.

Having some limited insight into what's going on if you got the "Omega" version of the game it already comes with all stable modules and should have a bunch of gameplay templates, more than just GooeysQuests. If you grabbed the bare engine zip then used the in-game module downloader to get things that can lead to some quirks, in some cases restarting the game after fetching modules can help.

If your UI seems frozen somehow that might be a bug we're unaware of, in which case game logs would be really useful. On the other hand we're just about to release a new major version for both the game launcher and the game itself, which might be something to check out within a day or two to see if it works better :)

Kyle1974

Hi @Kyle1974 and welcome :)

In general it helps to look for and provide the game's log file if you're hitting issues. Also exactly what you downloaded and ran, that way we can advise better :thumbsup: It may also help to hop on chat / Discord for live help.

Having some limited insight into what's going on if you got the "Omega" version of the game it already comes with all stable modules and should have a bunch of gameplay templates, more than just GooeysQuests. If you grabbed the bare engine zip then used the in-game module downloader to get things that can lead to some quirks, in some cases restarting the game after fetching modules can help.

If your UI seems frozen somehow that might be a bug we're unaware of, in which case game logs would be really useful. On the other hand we're just about to release a new major version for both the game launcher and the game itself, which might be something to check out within a day or two to see if it works better :)
Hi Cervator

Thanks for having me here!

I will add a screengrab to show what I mean. So when I go to the scenarios, it won't let me scroll down GooeysQuests, although if I do manage to pick that one, I can't get past Josharias Survival to select? (Does that make sense?)

I can provide logs if needed?

Thank you again!
Kyle

Attachments