Can't Get in My Saved World

metouto

Contributor
Art
I just spend the entire morning rebuilding my tree house and the world is saved I think (at lease there is a folder with with .... pDjHTKMvHoByIdE .... under it) but when I reenter Terasology it generates and new world :( it was beginning to be a nice house to. Any ideas what I have done wrong (I was using the #73 update)

BTW ... it is nice to see that I am able to save 64 items in a box before it moves to a new box (it had been 16); one other game I play at time has 99)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Did you update the code at all between play sessions? At first I was thinking the old world might have broken due to Serialization issues (caused when the code changes in certain ways and the saved world doesn't), but then that should cause an error on startup instead, hmm.

Are you sure it actually generated a new world? The tricky part is that Terasology doesn't (or didn't last I checked, anyway!) save your actual position so it is possibly that you might spawn somewhere else and it just looks like a new world?

You could try flying around some (double space) with running enabled (shift) and see if you can spot it