Chrisk

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
  • Name: Christoph "Chrisk" Köbke
  • Skills / Tools: I'm currently working with Reason 5 and some high quality refills to produce music. I play the piano since more than 11 years and worked about 2 months on my current album. I completely compose by ear and mood, so if you expect to get sheetmusic I can't really help you guys out.
  • Found via: Gronkh Let's Test
  • Interests: Music Composer
  • Extra: Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/chriskoebke

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Great to have you on board! :notworthy: Having no sheet music is absolutely no problem.

metouto

Contributor
Art
I do believe I could listen to your music forever Chrisk ;) I am so impressed with it :coffee: you have a good talent here :love: Welcome to the group !!!

AlbireoX

Unsuccessful Javascript Evangelist
Contributor
Logistics
You are really, really good at what you do. Keep it up, and welcome to Terasology!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome! That's some great music, very happy to have you on-board. Would you allow us to use your existing tracks in the game (which would be awesome, perfect fit), or do you want to compose all new stuff? You're right on target either way :)

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
You probably get to hear from a lot of people that you are really talented and I think so too! But when I was listening to your music I wondered "can he do even better?".

Its only fun if there is a challenge!

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
Thanks for all the great replies. :)

I would allow you, to use my existing tracks, but I have developed a lot in the last 2 months, so some stuff could be not as good as I would do now. I also don't know what you need for your game, if it's only supposed to be background music my current album would be working, but for some situation based music I had to compose some new tracks.

I personally would prefer to compose some new music. If there is no challenge for me and you are already comfortable with my current album, there wouldn't be something for me I could work on.

I also got some programming experience for about 5-6 years now and if you tell me, how you implemented looping songs and how your sound engine works, I could easily do some songs that fit your needs :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
It would be great if you could "categorize" your existing (and future) tracks to match them with a mood, location, situation, etc. We do need more "hooks" in code to tie music to, and maybe an in-game (or options-based) music organizer. I'm not sure yet how we'd trigger off locations without going deeper into defining named regions (geographically, not code architecture) - which would be great, but may be tricky to get some focus on.

As for what we need - I'm not really sure, aside from whatever you can think up that fits something you can imagine. Like coming over the crest of a mountain to see a huge valley or glacier or something behind it. Or a little pastoral village with some fields. Etc. Your imagine is as good (likely better) than mine! :)

dei

Java Priest
Contributor
Design
Art
Really like your music too!
As we have such a great composer in our lines who even understands programming now I begin dreaming of new music features:

What would be the absolute killer feature for our game would be if you could compose some rhythmically matching background track in a matching key. And the game could play it as a background music depending on the biome. On top of it you could lay some secondary matching tracks depending on the game situation (attack, build-up, ...) eventually adding a third track over it for mood, good/evil, random... This way we could build a seemless, never-ending background music that never gets boring.

But for now your existing music would already be great and then you could build up from these existing pieces.
:thumbsup:

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
Thank you.
Your idea sounds really interesting. If you tell me what moods you need and what kind of biomes exist, I could try to compose some prototype stuff you can already play around with.

I could compose different themes, that rythmically match each other and different layers of sound, you can mix together. Maybe you could use perlin noise for the song progression?

dei

Java Priest
Contributor
Design
Art
Sounds good. Guess you got new midi-instruments not real ones? Really like the slightly sad touch of your music. If you need some real guitar or ukulele-sound I could record some for you (from scores or background-tracks etc.).