Classes involved in the visibility of grass blocks.

Who

Contributor
Hey guys. Can anyone point me in direction of the classes responsible for disabling the rendering of grass/translucent/billboard blocks beyond a certain distance?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I bet that's something @manu3d could keep a look out for in his adventures traveling across rendering land :)

Unless @Immortius happens to know already, or somebody else!

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
I think (very timidly) that it's not so much an issue of distance but an issue of "number of chunks with billboards". Chunks are however ordered by distance, hence the impression that there is a limit on distance.

-IF- what I'm saying is right, you can find the relevant code in engine/.../rendering/world/RenderableWorldImpl.java.

In particular, check out the use of the static final variable MAX_BILLBOARD_CHUNKS, currently set at 64.

Also be aware that there is plenty of current work being done in that area of the codebase, with pending PR 1459 and more PRs to follow.

Who

Contributor
I think (very timidly) that it's not so much an issue of distance but an issue of "number of chunks with billboards". Chunks are however ordered by distance, hence the impression that there is a limit on distance.

-IF- what I'm saying is right, you can find the relevant code in engine/.../rendering/world/RenderableWorldImpl.java.

In particular, check out the use of the static final variable MAX_BILLBOARD_CHUNKS, currently set at 64.

Also be aware that there is plenty of current work being done in that area of the codebase, with pending PR 1459 and more PRs to follow.
Thanks a lot! You were right since increasing MAX_BILLBOARD_CHUNKS increased the render distance of the grass.