Resolved Compiling errors related to TeraOvr when running Terasology

skit

Contributor
Hi guys, I finished setting up my dev workspace but when I try to run the PC facade, it prompts that the compilation was completed with 20 errors, all related with "org.terasology.TeraOVR". What's the quick fix to this ?

Help needed. Thank you in advance.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @skit - that's an odd error, the TeraOVR piece is related to Oculus Rift support. Are you trying to enable it or do you maybe have the Oculus runtime configured somehow that Terasology finds it? Our Oculus support was written for the DK1 so I imagine trying to enable it or trigger it in any way with a newer Oculus runtime could lead to errors. It probably isn't very difficult to update our OVR handler to where it'll work with the DK2 (I have one and could test it), just nobody has taken the time/interest to do so yet.

Posting the full snippet here would be useful in any case :)

skit

Contributor
I think the problem was that I was somehow workin on a non updated fork, updating it and redoing the workpsace setup solved the issue, thanks for the help!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I think the problem was that I was somehow workin on a non updated fork, updating it and redoing the workpsace setup solved the issue, thanks for the help!
Excellent :)

Let us know if you have any other questions, are looking for something to work or, and so on! We need more code and content :D