Resolved Crashes on world generation | Creates no log | Win8 x64

Naddox

Downloaded the latest stable build, first tried playing it straight off my desktop. Game loads up, I can alter my settings and all that, I clicked on single player and create new world then play, shows the loading bar, see something about cache and then it closes.

Tried moving it to " appdata/roaming/terasology/ " and running it from there, exact same thing happens. Each time it crashes it does not make a log file.

Tried running it in admin mode, admin mode w/ compatibility for both win7 and win xp sp3, every time I get the exact same thing.

Here is my DxDiag as thats the only thing I can provide that will be of any help. If wanted I can record me trying to run it but wont be anything different from what I have explained here.

http://pastebin.com/HDBMTB2a

EDIT: Here is the log file.
http://pastebin.com/EGh0f1KF

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Terasology logs to the standard Windows Saved Games location (typically <user>/Saved Games). This is also where it writes saved games, config and where mods can be installed.

I am curious where the "copy into Roaming" solution originates from - is this a Minecraft thing?

Naddox

Terasology logs to the standard Windows Saved Games location (typically <user>/Saved Games). This is also where it writes saved games, config and where mods can be installed.

I am curious where the "copy into Roaming" solution originates from - is this a Minecraft thing?
From reading other peoples issues here in the support section.

Added Log to original post.

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Cheers.

From the look of things, the light and shadow module is active but not its dependencies (specficially, the path finding module).

My suggestions would be:
1. Delete the mod directory in the Save Games/Terasology path, if any
2. When creating a new world, try selecting the Mods... button and checking what mods are active. If Light & Shadow is selected, then Path Finding should be active too.

On our end, we need to change it so that mods in the install directory override those in the mod directory.