Archived Custom Shader Configuration

Wolfgange

Although I love every shader in Terasology, my computer runs slow on "Uber" settings (And also I like to disable fog when viewing distance is near). I thought it would be a good idea to have a "Custom..." graphics option, in which a dialog of some sort opens up that has Shader Profiles that are editable and creatable (Similar to the dialog at the bottom).

Within the profiles would be more in depth settings (Light shafts, motion blur, etc.).

What was described above could be something implemented in the future, but a basic version of it would be nice.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey Wolfgange - curiously have you tried launching the game with TeraEd.exe ? That's a wrapper for the game that adds a GUI with a pile of shader options. Currently it is more for experimenting with settings, so more of a developer tool than a serious way to launch the game to play. But I figure maybe some of those options should make it into the game proper eventually :)

If only we had somebody who would volunteer to enhance the graphic settings section in-game .... :pinkiehappy: