Archived Fatal Error

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Looks like you might be using a computer with integrated graphics. Unfortunately at this stage we do not have the resources to go around this kind of problem. We'd have to write a second graphics engine with a more restricted graphics feature set. You might want to try to install the latest graphics drivers, but even that might fail, for example if your platform is somewhat old. Sorry I can't give you better news. :unsure:

No problem and that's fully understandable, I might keep trying to find a work around for this, thanks for the suggestion but the computer is still fairly powerful, it can run GTA V quite well, but no problem these things are understandable with Free to Play and Under Development, just going to have to ride it out or get to work on building that Desktop im thinking of :p

Thanks for the Help

~AnGeL_Of_DeAtH~

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Wait a minute. You said it can run GTA V and the computer is quite powerful. Do you run GTA V with reasonably high graphic settings? Any chance you have a -second-, high performance GPU and somehow Terasology is not set to use it?

Yes, im using switchable Graphics, I didn't even think of that. Ill give that a shot

Always had the trouble of trying to get programs to run off the ATI card is painful i havent found the way around Radeon Crimson centre yet

Last edited:

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Please let us know if this solved the issue. Meanwhile, I wonder if there is a way for an application to either select the graphic adapter to use or to at least provide a hint to the OS, so that the OS attempts to run the application on the appropriate GPU. A quick search on the internet didn't turn anything useful unfortunately, but it would be good to solve this issue application-side rather than forcing the users to deal with this.

At this stage it hasn't solved it but I don't think I was doing it correctly, I might just Terminate the integrated card and see if that turns the tables.