Archived Game Crashes and more!!

Ben

Hey guys,
I just learnt of this game today sadly, but are now having lots of problems!
First of all, was just wondering, how did the website get my avatar?!?!? Asking this for security reasons btw.
But that aside here is my problems/suggestions:
-Game Crash when using the RailGun, looks like a tnt stick. *FIXED, NOW WORKING USING V.198!
-Glitchy movement upon game start and post generation. *Probably low fps spikes, FPS was 40 average Running the game maxed out!
-Light glitch, when using torches on occasion blocks will stop receiving light (Black wall of death)
-To add more after more testing, played for 5 mins

Suggestion according to my first impressions:
-Looks a little to much like minecraft, maybe play arround with the menu UI and ingame inventory.
-Allow to run in different resolutions, you know smaller window.
-Allow the player to set key bindings, honestly, I love the minecraft controls, left to break and right to place!
-Light glare on blocks by torches are WAY TO INTENSE, blinding!
-Depth of field screws with my eyes, had a headache after 30 minutes!
-more to be added!

Specs, trust me, not low end:
CPU- AMD Bulldozer 6 core 3.3ghz 6100-FX
GPU- AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 or 3GB vram
RAM- 16 gb 4x4 GSKILL Ripjaw series
MB- ASROCK 990fx extreme 3
HD- not really important if you ask me

With that I wish you all success! Wish I could help, if there's anyway tell me!
Wing and the EMP Clan!!!!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hello Ben and welcome :D

Xenforo will attempt to load your Gravatar if your registered email here matches what you used at gravatar.com

Sounds like your computer might be on the low-end of power - what is it? CPU, memory, video card, operating system? The railgun is very resource intensive since it simultaneously sets off a bunch of explosions.

Suggestions - yeah, a lot of stuff is still placeholder art and feel, especially the inventory / character screen that'll likely go away within too long. There are actually a bunch of settings available, but they aren't exposed inside the game UI yet. It is one of the pending tasks :)

Thanks for your kind words!

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
I've been occasionally experiencing crashes using the railgun - jbullet infinitely recurses and crashes.

Will need a better description of the glitchy movement. Framerate is typically low for the first few seconds, so I'm wondering if it is actually a movement problem, or just stutter from low fps spikes?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I've been occasionally experiencing crashes using the railgun - jbullet infinitely recurses and crashes.
Really? A really deep shot can lag me for a bit, but I've never crashed. I figure at some point we should make it a little less instant, so it is like a constantly exploding slower projectile. Might help avoid the tons of explosions at one physics calcs :)

Ben

POST UPDATED:
New bugs and Suggestion. Plus added my specs!

Also this should probably be moved to another section/sub forum.
Btw, I'm really into computers and programming not much you can throw
at me that I won't understand!
16 ,8 ,4 ,2 ,1
10100 01000 11000

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah those specs certainly aren't low-end now that I can see them. And the railgun crash went away? That's encouraging.

Blinding light - this seems to heavily vary based on your video card. It has changed over time, sometimes overly bright for some, but not others, not bright enough at other times, etc :)

Depth of field - that's one of the few options available in-game, have you tried changing it? I like to play with it as low as possible.

If you're up for gathering a little more exact details on some of those issues like the "black wall" problem and are comfortable with technical stuff you could take some screenshots and report a couple bugs via GitHub, perhaps also check out some of the other bugs to see how they act on your system (like the too dark light on "ugly"). Plenty of items in the issue tracker to look at if you're into outright coding, like adding other existing config file options into the options GUI :)

Individual suggestions can be put over in the Suggestions forum instead if you like (just be specific and check that it doesn't exist already and/or isn't too obvious, like "add more creatures")

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Talking about depth of field (blur) or field of view here?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh, I always get those confused, both have "field" in them :D