Archived generals ideas for the game and posible bugs

Skarath

my personnel opinion is that snow should be on the mountain tops this would make it a lot more realistic
the hight of the trees is really nice but the tree base should be ticker or it would look kind of unreal
the level depth could also be a bit deeper or it is to easy for player to find all ores
the inventory is a bit too minecraft like and could do with a little makeover
grass is moving love that but the tree leaves are not
tameable creatures BUT NOT A WOLF XD
and if there is going to be a multiplayer make it so the players can host there own server this is more popular than a pay to play server do to gives the players more freedom and a sense of actually being in charge of the game

some more ideas are boats but on like minecraft a bigger boat that actually moves something i know a lot of minecraft player love to have this and this will drawn in a lot of minecraft player
and planes would be a big hit to

some machines to make live easy for players like a auto harvester and auto miner could be crafted once the player collected enough wood and ores but the machines can brake down so the player does still have to work this to prevent boredom
this also would bring in more player

well i got unending pool of ideas so i could continue this list for ever so with this i hoop you got some new ideas greeting Skarath

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Re: generals ideas for the game

Hi there!

Several of the things you mention are on a list somewhere, there are just so many suggestions and a limited amount of time per contributor to implement, especially here over the holidays :)

I'll be sweeping back over these threads in a little while to gather up suggestions somewhere fittingly, so thanks!

Skarath

well i just giving some ideas so it does not become a complete minecraft clone but the better version or the upgrade sort a speak
i love the in game editing tool i wanted to mention it but i discovery it just now

well i let you guys continue developing the game cause as of yet there is not much in game besides exploring and trying to make a house XD
and that its open scourge is perfect for mod developers i know a few that would love to be working on a project like this i will contact a few if you wish
maybe they can help out speed thing up a bit with programming and so on
just let me know
greetings Skarath

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics

Skarath said:
...would make it a lot more realistic
the hight of the trees is really nice but the tree base should be ticker or it would look kind of unreal...
Thank you for mentioning that. I've forgotten all the time to adjust the tree generator to support different thicknesses for tree trunks. I've attached a picture of the results. Looking good so far! :)

Attachments

Skarath

wow this looks really good
i when around cutting down trees some thing i stumbled upon is that 90% off the tree is filled with wood is it possible to reduce this a bit

just a idea is if its possible to make the trees fall down all together like side ways down wards when a player cuts the base off
if the base is now 4 blocks if the player cuts 3 blocks away this might also be a nice thoughts

like i said before i can continue poring out ideas like this all year round thank god the year is almost over XD just 7 hours to go
greetings Skarath

Skarath

the lave seems to flow back wards away from edges and looks like it runs uphill this is because it flow only west it seems
torches could emit a bit more light cause at night it is really dark
greeting Skarath

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
On falling trees I'm expecting we'll have a way to make trees "degenerate" when the trunk is cut in some way - although we may not have a lot of fancy options like a clean sideways tumble since we're all about squares and physics-enabling lots of blocks at once kills performance. I don't know if we can physics-enable a whole tree as one model, so far my thought was a gradual "falling to pieces" approach via physics starting from the bottom

Skarath

well it could be animated the falling tree but it would look really bad if the tree moves a blocks at a time and also cost heavily on performance yes
degenerating the tree is a better option but also look unnatural
moving the hole tree down one block when the hole base of one block hi is cut out seems a better option than so it sort of snaps back to the ground this does not reduce performance that much might be the alternative
but when the the tree is just above the player it should stop or it will kill the player

Skarath

i keep finding different numbers of lose floating dirt blocks in the sky (flying islands) maybe the they could be programmed to find other single blocks and attach to it so it not a single block it mid air but a cluster

cactus on grass i have not found a dessert biom yet

and green grass in the snow maybe they could be wit or lighter green if the grass sees snow under it
same with grass on sand

lava seems to flow awfully fast

seasons could be a nice thoughts

full screen mode is still missing but not a pressing issue

bigger stacks of blocks if not already though or planned

Skarath

a mac user told me that the sensitivity on the mac is really hi maybe a adjustment bar or something can be added in the menu