GilbyJazz [Audio]

GilbyJazz

(I'm not that good at writing in english, but i have no problem in understanding it. So please show understanding)

Hello everyone.
I am GilbyJazz. I'm glad to be here. The introduction-template looks good so i'll just use that^^

• Name: Florian "GilbyJazz" Mielchen (i prefer my nick - after years, it's like my real name^^)
  • Skills / Tools: Music- and Sounddesigner, Recording and editing sounds, moderate musician, veery basic knowledge of html and as3 (so at least i know how code works)
  • Found via: Youtube
  • Interests: I am a bad composer - but i have a predilection for sounds. So I would like to hear if i can give Terasology a great acoustic feeling. And i want to learn the parts of java who are needed to play around with sound. So if there is enough time or someone willing to help me, i will see if i can get some nice sound effects into the game.
First i will learn how java - or to be exact, how Terasology - works with sound. I'm a sounddesigner, no programer - but i would like to learn the coding part too. If anyone wants to help me or has a good advice how to start this task - feel free to post or contact me. I appreciate it.

Well then. Let's see what we can do with this promising project!

metouto

Contributor
Art
Welcome GilbyJazz :) I don't know enough to help you out here but someone will be along to lead you down the right paths .... I just wanted to say welcome to the group.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi GilbyJazz and welcome! Your interest in audio with a side of some Java should be a great fit, we could really use someone to tend to our AudioManager (Terasology\src\main\java\org\terasology\logic\manager\AudioManager.java)

I believe it was t3hk0d3 who started it and I'm sure there's some more stuff that can be done. A while back we had some quirky issues with wildly varying volume from different ranges, so trying to get into how that works might be a good start :)

There are also a few outstanding SFXs we need - I should make a list. Adding that to my list of lists... :D

GilbyJazz

Thank you metouto and Cervator for the nice welchome.

Before i take a look at Terasologys AudioManager, i want to know what i am doing^^
I found a few people who can help me out if i have java-questions.
I managed to setup the programs i need to start with java.

My first goal is to understand how the current sound system works.

Asset List.
If you send me a list or a link with sounds terasology needs i'll create them.
All sounds i use will be created out of my own records.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks!

There is an older thread by Exile (who may still be around?) related to SFX requests, still some listed in pending in there, might be a good thing to read through to start with :)