"Give me," cheats

brutus

Ive seen screenshots where players were building stuff out of bricks and other items that you would otherwise have to craft, so is there a give me command or what? (I'm kinda tired of only having wood or stone to build with if you know what i mean. :) )

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yep! It is actually in the readme, but that's kind of hidden so not that many people find it :)

What you want is under "Console Commands" a way down on the front page on GitHub: https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology

Specifically you might be looking for this:

Code:
cmd.giveBlock "BrickStair"
Which can be used in the in-game console (press tab, it isn't very pretty yet, just start typing and you'll see text in the bottom left)

brutus

okay i tries opening the developer console layout and all it did was show my mouse, no text box, no bunch of letters, nothing. im using the united states keyboard layout, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
It doesn't show anything until you start typing :)

Assuming the game window is active, anyway.

If you're typing away and still see nothing - not sure. We haven't seen anything like that before.

metouto

Contributor
Art
Once you get the game going brutus .... press your "Tab" key and you will see (where the arrow is pointing in the picture) a small white bar come up then type in the ..... cmd.giveBlock "BrickStair"