Contributor
Art

Adeon

terasology.ru
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Logistics
Oh good!! But can you add column in the table like "possible dropped items"?=)

Adeon

terasology.ru
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Logistics
Can you add probability for the dropping items?

metouto

Contributor
Art
Adeon ... do you mean if I dig this block it would have 10% chance of getting "X" .... while I would also gave a 57% chance of getting this doped ???

Adeon

terasology.ru
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Logistics
Yep, like this:

Left click -> Attack leaf block with any held object or hands -> possible drops (ordered by probability to drop):
  1. Kindling (small twigs, leaves, plant material like wines you could use for bindings, general use for starting fire)
  2. Stick (of varying length - break one block -> max size = one block; trigger multiple leaf blocks to drop at once = chance for longer sticks. Fell a whole tree and it'll "shatter" into differently sized drops)
  3. Flower, fruit, sapling, etc

metouto

Contributor
Art
Adeon ... I think that that is beyond my ability :eek: .... I mean I could add the column for probability with no trouble and be happy to do it :D but I would have no way of knowing what to do to make the probability part. That sounds like a programming thing :cry: I am lucky to be able to make blocks:cry: we might want to ask Immortius or Cervator to jump in here for something like that or at least give me some guidance :coffee:

BTW .... Just a thought Adeon ....If you have the probability part and would feed me the info I could post them to the/a column in the chart :thumbsup:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Spreadsheet looks great! :)

Probabilities of dropping different things we probably don't need to worry about just yet, we should actually prep the system to read drops out of block definitions first :D

What we could put in there - instead of "x" in the 4 layers we could put a rough 0-1 estimate of how common that material is in that layer (Limestone already sort of has that, for instance). Don't need to add all the zeroes. And it might be rough guesses since not all wikipedia entries have an easy indicator of commonality. In fact, after looking, that might be just as hard o_O

Anyway, point being, there's "probability this material will appear in layer x" which we could probably use, as well as "block may drop x, y, z at so-and-so probabilities" (for instance, BandedIron may drop Magnetite)

Next step might just be to add a bit more polish, fill in a few holes, make a few more missing blocks, then get up to speed on the in-game geological side of things :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Next step might just be to add a bit more polish,

fill in a few holes,

make a few more missing blocks,

then get up to speed on the in-game geological side of things :)
When you have the time Cervator, could you give me more info on the above in that "wall" of text I love you for so much ;):coffee:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Pshaw, wall of text? Bah! ;)

We need to improve the technology some so we can put some of the finer details into the block definitions themselves - no point getting the spreadsheet too detailed if we can put the data into the game. That's something we'll have to architect.

You've got the red labelled blocks that could use images + there are a few blocks here and there missing hardness values and such. Any of that you can figure out easily would be a nice next step :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Pshaw, wall of text? Bah! ;)
:eek: And you were so close ..... :D

You've got the red labelled blocks that could use images + there are a few blocks here and there missing hardness values and such. Any of that you can figure out easily would be a nice next step :)
Ok .... these are my next step then :thumbsup: ... *picture me gone*

metouto

Contributor
Art
Had this on my computer :coffee: but do not know where I got it from :cry: ... thought it might help someplace :whistle: ...

Earth's Physical Layers - All depths are from the surface of the Earth.

1)The Crust-- The crust is 19 miles/33km thick.

The Earth's crust consists of the following elements and percentages:
Oxygen--47%
Silicon--28%
Aluminum--8%
Iron--5%
Calcium--4%
Sodium--3%
Potassium--3%
Magnesium--2%
Titanium--0.5%
All others--<1%

The outer skin of the planet is composed of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rock.
Continental Crust:
Comprised predominately of rocks most resembling granite, the continental crust is relatively thick compared to the oceanic crust with a depth that ranges from 30 km to 50 km. The average specific gravity of continental crustal rock is 2.7.
The continental crust is the layer of igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks which forms the continents and the areas of shallow seabed close to their shores, known as continental shelves.
Oceanic Crust:
At an average depth of 5 km to 10 km, the oceanic crust is thinner than the continental crust. Oceanic crustal rocks are composed mainly of the igneous rocks basalt, diabase, and gabbro, which are mafic in composition. The average specific gravity of oceanic crustal rock is 2.9.
Lithosphere: See below.

2) The Mantle--The layer directly below the crust which is delineated from the crust by the Mohorovicic Discontinuity, where seismic waves increase in velocity. The division between the mantle and the crust is a chemical one, the rocks and constituent minerals being higher in magnesium and lower in silicon and aluminum than crustal rocks. The mantle comprises 84% of Earth's volume.
Upper Mantle: The upper mantle is 415 miles/667km thick.
Lithosphere: The uppermost mantle consists of hard rock and is attached to the crust and comprises the lithosphere. The lithosphere is comprised of tectonic plates which 'float' independently of each other. The lithosphere contains more mantle than crust. Oceanic lithosphere ranges from 50 km to 100 km in thickness, and continental lithosphere ranges from 40 km to 200 km. Asthenosphere: Just below the lithosphere lies the asthenosphere, an area of highly viscous but solid rock. Its viscosity allow it to move slowly over time, which it does as it transfers heat to the lithosphere via convection currents. These convection currents are responsible for the movement of Earth's tectonic plates. The depth of the asthenosphere averages somewhere between 100 km and 200km with depths up to 410 km.
Transition Zone:
The depth of the transition zone is between 410 km and 660 km. The rock here is mostly peridotite, a coarse grained igneous rock, kept from melting by extremely high lithostatic pressures. Temperatures in the transition zone range from 1400 degrees C to 1600 degrees C.
The Lower Mantle: The lower mantle is 1365 miles/2200km thick.
The depth of the lower mantle ranges from 670 km to 2798 km. Little is known about the lower mantle other than that seismic waves indicate it is fairly homogenous in lithology.
D'':
The D'' area of the mantle extends from 2798 km to 2900 km, which is the boundary between the mantle and the liquid outer core. At this level, the pressures are enormous, roughly equal to 1.4 million units of atmospheric pressure, and temperatures are over 4,000 degrees C.
3) The Outer Core: The outer core is 1405 miles/2265km thick.
The outer core lies at a depth from 2900 km to 5150 km. It's composed of liquid iron and nickel along with small amounts of lighter elements, with temperatures ranging from 4,000 degrees C to 6,100 degrees C near the boundary with the inner core.
4) The Inner Core: The inner core is 1520 miles/2440km thick.
From the boundary with the outer core to the center of the Earth, a distance of about 1220 km is the solid sphere of the inner core, a ball of incredibly hot iron-nickel alloy. Temperatures here reach between 5,000 and 7,000 degrees C, and pressures are calculated to be around 3,000,000 units of atmospheric pressure. Despite the high temperature, at these pressures the metals cannot remain molten.

metouto

Contributor
Art
All blocks in this graph should at this time be black. Meaning that there is a block to represent each name :coffee: