Intro Greetings

tyler_elric

• Name: My name is Tyler Beaver, I commonly use some variant of "Tyler Elric" as an alias.
  • Social: github twitter facebook
  • Skills / Tools: Mostly I do front-end work for web browsers (CSS/HTML/JS/etc.) but I also have a background of lower level things from my days in the RH areas of the internet (I alias in those areas as "Full Metal" if you also happen to be in those areas).
  • Found via: GSOC.
  • Interests: Among my career goals are web development, database work, and game programming - Terasology seems like a good place to go.
  • Extra: I'm mostly self-taught when it comes to programming, but I've learned a lot from a lot of people and really enjoy the work.
I haven't yet explored the codebase, but that's on my agenda next after posting this thread. :)

Ah, nevermind. It appears I was too late for GSOC applications. Still though, I'll keep an eye on this for next year. :)

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey @tyler_elric and welcome :) Yep bit late for GSOC this year!

Feel free to hang out and help comment, test, review, or even write a little code here and there. At the very least it should be interesting and useful, and at best maybe a good learning experience and a step up for GSOC 2017 if that's where your focus is at :)

tyler_elric

Definitely! I'll probably end up watching the changes over the Summer to see how things go and what the process is like. In the mean time though, I have to focus on finals.

Anthodeus

Contributor
Hyo @tyler_elric,

As thoughts from a newcomer, you should really try out some modules; there's some awesome stuff around here. Even ye olde stuff (like the combat branch) are still cool (e.g I managed to scale a wall by sticking arrows in it and climbing on said arrows. Who needs Lara Croft right? Also, I don't know of any minecraft mod that does that)

You can talk to peeps on IRC, post about any bugs you encounter, ideas for future development; pretty much anything goes (as long as it's related to the game... at least a bit :rainbowlaugh:)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I managed to scale a wall by sticking arrows in it and climbing on said arrows.
You... wha... how... NEED VIDEO NAO!

Seriously, I'm impressed that you 1) thought of that and 2) made it work! Want!

Anthodeus

Contributor
@Cervator The "made it work" part is just booting up the old combat branch. The rest is just trying stuff for about 2 hours - seeing stuff bounce around, the usual explosions through the middle of trees, sticking as many arrows in one place (which doesn't work from what I could tell), building a neat-o medieval wall, then making it sort of a jump puzzle, then shooting piercing arrows at the ground-> see I collide with them -> awesomeness :flutteryay:

I'm going to work now so I'm gonna do a video when I get home :pinkiehappy: (about 12 hours from now cause it's a bit of a hectic week and I'm doing overtime :flutterbunny:)

Ok, there ya go @Cervator , short wall climbing vid :fluttersquee:. There are restrictions to how high you can go because the arrows unspawn after a set amount of time, but ofc that can all be tweaked :twilightsmile: (also couldn't just wait to get home so I made this during the lunch break at work :scootangel:. Hope it's good enough; Also not sure if I should've posted all this here :whistle: )

Last edited: