Gronkh Song?

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
Hey guys.
Cervator talked to me about a Gronkh song some days ago, that should remind the 1 year anniversary for the Terasology let's play. I just wanted to ask how that song should sound, as it should represent Terasology.

I don't know any qualified vocal artists, so a kind of popish song is not possible. Gamemusic would also not fit the purpose, unless we implement some kind of funny song into the game that has some relation to an ingame situation that occured to him while let's playing.

Suggestions would be really appreciated :)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
We may contact Gronkh himself for the vocals, he did some songs before...

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
I also thought about a piece on the 2nd Terasology album just called "Gronkh Army Arrival" as reminder to the huge fan incoming after his Let's Test :) But a track featung Gronkhs vocals would be great too, I wonder if we could contact him?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I can try to ping him on FB and Twitter (had talked to Philaxx about that for an anniversary contest) but remain somewhat skeptical on whether he'll notice or reply :)

Can we plan a "Gronkh army arrived" bonus track for volume two? That might sort of set it apart from the overall track in case it sticks out (if we do actually get vocals, heh). As for what it should be, some sort of geeky marching piece? Maybe themed after "Jamaica party!" or some other good line from the original video ;)

As cool as it would be with Gronkh vocals I'm not sure that would fit seamlessly in-game as a standard part of the volume :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Okay, just posted on his FB, although I'm not totally sure how that works, I guess the message will just show in the "recent posts by others" section which has multiple posts per hour, so ... :)

Also tweeted which might have better odds since our account is among only about a hundred or so that he follows

green_tako

Hey guys :3

I don't know if you are aware of this, but Gronkh also runs his own company (together with Sarazar) called play massive (playmassive.de) you might have more luck contacting him directly through their company email office AT playmassive.de . As they mentioned that they are both really busy with preparing for their US trip to the E3, the cance that he will see your facebook post amongst all the other fan messages before it "disaprears" might be lower that usual. Hope that helps you guys and that you are able to get in touch with him. Good luck! :3

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi green_tako ! I think begla actually tried sending an email to the company address a month or two ago, no response :(

I might try it again a little later, maybe he'll have an easier time spotting it after getting back from E3. Thanks for the tip :)

glasz

Contributor
Art
What about vocaloid or some other voice synthetizer? It would fit the geekiness....