Growing plants ....

metouto

Contributor
Art
@ Cervator & Skaldarnar ... thanks for the feed back ... :love:

I am going to think about this a little bit before I make any more plants .... in how to move forward but would like any more feed back that anyone would like to give on this :coffee:

EDITED... Here would be a good place for those who have had a crop plant idea to post the crop to make sure it gets into the plant cycle :sneaky:

metouto

Contributor
Art
I decided to try more plants with maybe simpler differences ...

130108093212812.png this picture is of the 6 plant growth cycles of potatoes :barefoot:

130108093236193.png and this is the 4 plant growth cycles of Rice

I had watermelon but had to rework it so it is not ready :( I think I will try to rework sugar cane to make it less blurry and add a new ending cycle to it (maybe) :coffee:

Here is a rework of sugar cane ... it came out clearer I am not sure this is what we want??? The 1st 5 blocks are growth while the 6th block is mature stage and the last block is cut sugar cane :coffee:

130108101030251.png

and last but not least (IMHO) is my watermelon 7 plant growth cycles ....

130108112325099.png

I think that will be all for a bit so comment and let me know if changes are needed :coffee:

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
All look nice exept the last two stages of the watermelon. Just looks wrong to have 4 watermelons compressed to flat planes :O
Would it be possible/feasable to have simple polygones supporting the billboard plants?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
In theory (if it is worth the effort) we could make a few custom block shapes for the later stages of the really big fruiting stuff like watermelons? So it graduates from a billboard plant to a block shape somewhere. Kinda like a watermelon sprout in MC creating a watermelon full block next to it. In the meantime the final stage could just be a full block, like in MC :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Here are some more plants ....

Potato1.png Potatoe1

Potato2.png Potatoe2

Potato3.png Potatoe3

Potato4.png Potatoe4

Potato5.png Potatoe5

Potato6.png Potatoe6

... unlike some plants most of the action of this shows above ground while the fruit of the plant is underground ...

Watermelon1.png Watermelon1 ( mostly just a vine)

Watermelon2.png Watermelon2

Watermelon3.png Watermelon3 (difference in 2 & 3 the blooms get darker)

Watermelon4.png Watermelon4 (fruit starts to appear)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Watermelon5.png Watermelon5 (the melon gets bigger and strips begin to form)

Watermelon6.png Watermelon6 (final stage and watermelon can be picked and eaten)

Rice1.png Rice1

Rice2.png Rice2

Rice3.png Rice3

Rice4.png Rice4

One small question ... how many of these do you want ... I found a looooooog list I could try ??? That is all there is until next time :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I don't have a quantity limit on plants in mind - really the obstacle is avoiding situations where it is too easy to mistake two plants from each other so as long as new plants appear fairly distinct then keep going as you please :)

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
I vote for an oero plant :D though I have o idea what it would look like :p

metouto

Contributor
Art
Oero plant ..... *picture me thinking ...... thinking ...... thinking ..... gone to see plant list ....* :coffee:

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
I meant oreo obviously...

metouto

Contributor
Art
Here is my Tomato ....

Tomato1.png Tomato1

Tomato2.png Tomato2

Tomato3.png Tomato3

Tomato4.png Tomato4

Here are some Squash ...

Squash1.png Squash1 (Remember that squash if like watermelon in looks)

Squash2.png Squash2

Squash3.png Squash3

Squash4.png Squash4

Squash5.png Squash5

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
hach nice.... I have plans for that one, thanks metouto

metouto

Contributor
Art
radish1.png Radish1

radish2.png Radish2

radish3.png Radish3

radish4.png Radish4

radish5.png Radish5

WildCarrot1.png WildCarrot1

WildCarrot2.png WildCarrot2

WildCarrot3.png WildCarrot3

WildCarrot4.png WildCarrot4

WildCarrot5.png WildCarrot5

metouto

Contributor
Art
Will add to this as I have time but thought you might enjoy some garden shots ....

130206114014140.png to your right you have growth cycle for corn ... to the left you have growth cycle for Potato

130206120245103.png to your right you have growth cycle for Rice ... to the left you have growth cycle for SugarCane

130206120340811.png (same as above just different angle)

130206121658144.png you now have growth cycle for Watermelon

I have Radish, Squash, Tomato and Turnip in intellj ... so I will try to plant those in my garden soon :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Excellent! The Oreons will have many interesting crops to plant! :D

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
yeah I uch tend to sidetrack easily, and honeslty I already had a bit of a "oreons needs chocolaty crops and normal crops will go to other races kind of mentality, but as we lack others I guess I'll add them all for the time being.

It's hard to decide what needs priority atm : cleaning up the ui, cleaning up my code in general, or expanding my mess to add more functionality, as people like new stuff added. I'm trying to juggle things a lot, but I'm slow and unorganized.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
All the things, all at once :D

Honestly - it doesn't matter too much. All are good.

I might slightly favor frameworky stuff, like GUI cleanup, since we do need that for lots of other things.

metouto

Contributor
Art
Four more plantings in my garden ....

130207071733887.png on your left is Radish and on your right are Squash

130207071830908.png (same as above but at different angle)

130207073848245.png on your left is Tomato and on your right are Turnip

130207073916030.png (same as above but at different angle)

130207075027780.png air view of whole garden

130207075149869.png (same as above but at different angle)

Well guess that is all I have till some time down the road ... you might keep your eyes open for wild leeks, beets, garlic, onions, cucumbers, zucchini, green beans and maybe some Sweet potatoes (suggestions are welcome) :coffee: