Growing plants ....

metouto

Contributor
Art
Found a wild carrot running around so I stopped it's running by planting it .....

130207093752373.png

130207093804550.png

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Me likey :)

Might want to look a bit at the final growth stage of squash, the contrast is pretty sharp on the vertical lines, maybe make it a little milder / bit more blended?

Edit: Is there something gray attached to the more mature carrots?

metouto

Contributor
Art
Yep ... I wanted to put white blossoms on the carrots :geek: but when I took out the excess parts of the plants the white got taken out also :cry: ... so I changed it to grayish blossoms :barefoot:

I will look into the squash ... :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Cool :)

It wouldn't work to put white for the carrot blossoms where there's gray now?

metouto

Contributor
Art
I have been experimenting with ways to do that and I think I have it .... maybe .... :cautious:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Here you go Cerator .......

130208011743498.png carrots now have white where gray was :barefoot:

130208012834457.png now squash has some what a blur on the last two in the growth cycle

WildCarrot4.png WildCarrot5.png wild carrot 4 & 5 Squash4.png Squash5.png squash 4 & 5 .... see what you think now

I can still adjust if needed :coffee:

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
yeah, que Serva... Serva!!! Somehow that nickname really suits the slacker. I love all your work Metouto, to bad we are all slacking.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks metouto ! Nice progress :)

One last suggestion: May want to make the flowers on the carrots just a little bit smaller, since they still end up looking pretty overwhelming in a field like that

metouto

Contributor
Art
Cervator I changed the flower so it was only on the end and smaller :cool:

WildCarrot4.png 4th WildCarrot5.png 5th

I really hope the above post will not be your "last" suggestion to me .... come on ..... I am sure you could come up with at least one more in the next few months ......

@ overdhose .... I will do better as sooooooon as my hand heals from the 3d burns I got when I fell off the roof of the house into the fire and broke left arm and right ankle ............... just kidding :laugh:

Have a good weekend every one :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Haha, yeah, not my last suggestion for sure, that's just for this batch :D

Thanks, and you too!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Okay - finally got around to grabbing all these for GitHub. I think I got them all! Took out the last stage of sugar cane as it looked funny in-game (two vertical lines not quite connected with each other) and trimmed some potato flowers slightly.

Module works fine, should be in the applet too, and holds a lot of plants :)

So that's the good news - in not-so-good news metouto has gone into (semi?) retirement as a block maker, talked to him about it a little while back. He's got a good reason although I'll be happy to do what I can to help facilitate more fun with blocks later if interested. I'm thrilled with all the great blocks we got and metouto will always be a huge part of the game, especially after the minerals and plants are included in world generation. He might be around to say hi and check out what we're doing now and then.

In particular I'm happy that we were able to help somebody with a dream (helping develop a video game) live it, at least for a while, and metouto will always be one of my favorite success stories :)

Now we need to get back to coming up with more ways to get these blocks in-game!