GSoC 2018 - Renovation of MasterOfOreon

Naman Tiwari

Contributor
This thread serves as an overview for all the work being done towards the MasterOfOreon GSoC Project.

Summary : Renovation of Master of Oreon is an extensive refactor of the current Master of Oreon module. The vision behind MOO is to create a game-play scenario akin to a mixture fortress management of Dwarf Fortress and wizard research in Dungeon Keeper, which will be made available through this project.
Mentors : mkienenb, arpan98, vampcat, smsunarto, iojw, gabrielxia
Student : Naman Tiwari(Naman-sopho)
Slack : Naman-sopho, #master-of-oreon
Github : Project Board
Blog : naman-sopho.github.io

Last edited:

Naman Tiwari

Contributor
  • What have you achieved in the last week?
In the past week I removed the dependency of MasterOfOreon on the Miniion module. It was a minor code change though, just deleting the concerned code and replacing them with comments for better understanding later. I also implemented a resource consuming spawn for Oreons through a portal placed in the world. This involves a UI screen popup which is activated when the player interacts(pressing `e`) with the portal. The player can then choose from among the three types of Oreons available to spawn, based on the availability of required resources in the player's inventory the Oreon is spawned in the world. But the Oreons spawned in the world don't do anything for now, they just stand in the portal after spawning.​
  • What are you currently working on?
I am currently working on modifying the Oreon prefabs and the behavior files to use the new behavior trees implementation. The behaviors of the Oreons should modify based on the task assigned to them and also if they have a requirement like low health or hunger. After the behaviors are correctly implemented the Oreons would walk around after spawning, yay :).​
  • What problems are you currently facing?
None right now.​
  • Is anything blocking you from making progress?
Nope. :)
  • List of PRs and opened/closed Issues
PRs :​
Issues :​
  • Something else (pictures of new content, code snippets, new wiki content, …)
    2018-05-14-204720_1920x1080_scrot.png
    2018-05-14-204954_1920x1080_scrot.png