GSoC 2019 - Collective Behavior

casals

Core Team Member
Contributor
Hi!
I know I'm late for the party, but drafted a proposal related to "Improving Behavior Trees". The idea is to allow collective behaviors for actors. Glad to receive any feedback/update the proposal accordingly - here's the link.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Did an initial review and while it is thin (no surprise with this little time) considering the circumstances it seems pretty spot on. Scope has a good feel to it, although of course it would be nice to have some more integration points with existing code, and related examples that exist at present or will exist at the conclusion of such a project :)

casals

Core Team Member
Contributor
Updated the proposal with a more detailed work plan. Also adjusted the working strategy and updated the timeline according to received feedback/other comments in the first draft.

casals

Core Team Member
Contributor
GSOC Project: Collective Behavior
Summary
: Improving AI mechanisms for NPC creatures in Terasology

The main objective of this project is to develop a collective behavior mechanism for NPCs. This includes: (i) creating a collective mind mechanism for NPCs, so they can behave as a group; (ii) improving the behavior tree mechanism to allow further behavior expansion; and (iii) creating a module as a showcase/tutorial.

Mentors: dkambersky, theflash, eviltak, jellysnake
Student: casals
Github: GSoC 2019: Collective Behavior
Trello: Collective Madness
Slack / Discord: #ai
Blog: casals.io
Proposal: Collective Behavior

Last edited: