GSoC Proposal - Customizable Characters

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
heya @Arihant and thanks for the more cohesive proposal. It sounds well scoped and very doable but just needs a lot more detail, and yes of course the timeline to go with it :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Checked again - feel free to post here when there's an update, and maybe a quick summary of what you changed. I had a hard time actually spotting what was different this time around, but the diff page helped. Was expecting timeline and more details - you don't need to hold back on that waiting for some sort of approval of the initial premise. That's generally more a thing to ask about real quick on chat if you have doubts. Not good to wait on big things without a clear expectation of when you'll get a go-ahead for the next step :thumbsup:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Would still be useful if you posted update messages here rather than just link to the same unchanged forum post from chat asking for re-review :p

Reviewed again and it is looking better, although I feel like you're not very well grounded within the Terasology code itself. What you're writing sounds more abstract - you're "creating a character entity" for models, not "Reworking the CharacterComponent and associated engine systems handlers to support new features x y and z"

I would spend some time digging into both the existing addon and the engine bits that loads something like the deer creature into a game world. Identify where you'll attach your new work on top of existing work. Be sure to cover what needs to change from current process / models to your new stuff.