Happy 5th Birthday to us! Lets celebrate ... with a meeting!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Everybody loves meetings, right? :geek:

gooeyparty1.png

Okay, so maybe there'll also be cake. Virtual cake, at least. Maybe cookies. And a cheese wheel. With some game playing too!

Much delayed like everything involving me these days, but I've finally gotten enough suggestion threads up to focus on running a dev meeting + play session to do some discussion and celebrate Terasology's 5th birthday. Assuming this coming Saturday October 8th is good with enough people, anyway. Would roughly start at the beginning of our office hours visible on our calendar (11 am Eastern Time US) but probably start with discussion around noon then we'll see how long we go.

I'll try to launch a server the night before so that's ready and up and running for those who just want to play. Maybe we can release Alpha 5 with another fix or two (like the Crashberries - any luck @Josharias?) by then and use that build.

In addition to the play test (any ideas on how to make it special?) there are some recent topics to cover:
I was hoping to also cover GSOC retrospectives, mini GSOCs, and some new GitHub pull request review enhancements, but ... too much! I'm just going to finally post this and stop delaying further, will get back to GSOC and PRs soon enough.

It is now also officially Hacktoberfest! I've added labels to our bite-size issues on GitHub, but only to the engine repo, feel free to point out other issues we could add to the category. A prepared search covering said labels is being used to find participating projects and I think we're seeing a bit of an activity uptick already :) Free shirt for 4 merged PRs!

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Alpha 5 is released: https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/releases/tag/v1.2.2

Event server is up! Naturally use the Alpha 5 build to connect to it. In-game "Official Event Host" server.

Initial server config is JoshariasSurvival + some misc including cake which is totally not a lie. Also Structural Templates so @Florian's nice building tools are available.

Other things to maybe test would be the Docker image, GooeysQuests, and so on

An additional thing would be coming up with lots of new bite-size issues, maybe moreso in the modules than engine. Hacktoberfest is bringing us a few new contributors already!

Now I sleep. Only to get up in 7-8 hours to then actually begin the event :)