Archived Hell & Paradise

Ten'son'

Contributor
World
Will there be a Nether (Hell) and an Aether (Paradise) like in Minecraft ?
It could be awesome!

Hell could be accessible by digging very very deep (and more deep you are, more hard the monsters are (like in Terraria)).
Paradise could be accessible by using "Magic Beans" or using wings.

Or anything else! :)

x3ro

Contributor
GUI
Why assume that those worlds wouldn't be as good? He didn't suggest putting all effort on Hell/Aether development right now, but I do think that they would be nice to have on the long run, after we've worked out the "normal" world.

Ten'son'

Contributor
World
Yep I understand your point of view. But, I didn't thought there will be 3 worlds. I thought there will be only one world with 3 different "floors".
So the world wouldn't be 256 blocks height, but 768 !

Ten'son'

Contributor
World
I agree, we need a beautiful normal world, and then we could start the others. But I just wanted to start thinking about it. ;)

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
I agree, we need a beautiful normal world, and then we could start the others. But I just wanted to start thinking about it. ;)
There is two issues with your idea:
First its really really early for that discussion :) We have so much core engine stuff to work on. You can speculate or even better make cool suggestions but please do not ask. Simply because we don't know yet :)

Second this suggestion is pretty much a fix for MC. But when we are that far into the future we maybe don't want to be any longer so similar to MC.

With that said why not think outside the box here for a moment shall we?
First we also want Dungeon Keeper influences. Anyone of you played that game or are you all too young? If you never played it GET IT NOW. Secondly Dwarf Fortress.

So and if we are talking about Heaven and Hell why not do elemental dimensions (Fire, Earth, Wind, Water) Or more esoteric stuff (Life, Death)? Biblical themes might be interesting as well, 7 sins anyone? (Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Pride) Ok I admit getting there trough a dark portal is very much Full Metal Alchemist like ;)

Anyways what I wanted to say is there are so many things we could do, just don't always think about Minecraft :D And we need some more time. However i really really would love you guys to extend on your ideas. Make a real story out of it. Make it interesting!

Ten'son'

Contributor
World
Anyways what I wanted to say is there are so many things we could do, just don't always think about Minecraft :D
Ok
But I have some difficulties to understand Terasology. I know this is not a clone of Minecraft, it's just a voxel-based game. But that's all I know! You say it will be inspired by DK and DF but how ? I don't get it. Will it be a simulation like DF ?
I searched in the forum and I didn't found anything that clearly explain what will be the game.
Could you explain to me what is this game ?
Please. :3
With details and nothing like "it will be a mix of DF and DK", say exactly what it is.
Thank you very much in advance. :)

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Ok
But I have some difficulties to understand Terasology. I know this is not a clone of Minecraft, it's just a voxel-based game. But that's all I know! You say it will be inspired by DK and DF but how ? I don't get it. Will it be a simulation like DF ?
I searched in the forum and I didn't found anything that clearly explain what will be the game.
Could you explain to me what is this game ?
Please. :3
With details and nothing like "it will be a mix of DF and DK", say exactly what it is.
Thank you very much in advance. :)

Well imagine someone told you: Hey there are those guys building a game and if you have a good idea that seems to be FUN they build it.

Ten'son'

Contributor
World
Ok
Is there a goal in the game ?
Like killing the bad King Joffrey, or building the biggest fortress ever, or else ?

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Ok
Is there a goal in the game ?
Like killing the bad King Joffrey, or building the biggest fortress ever, or else ?
Would you like the game to have one, multiple, no endings?

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
I don't know, I'm asking to understand! :s
:) Well the point is: It is not decided yet. If someone makes a good suggestion for one ending or no ending we might follow his suggestion.

Or short: We want your idea!

Ten'son'

Contributor
World
Ok ok
Then, how do you see the game ? Why is it not a Minecraft clone ? (I mean, what are the differences ?)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Main difference from MC that I personally envision: Heavy focus on creatures and collaboration with creatures. Sophisticated creatures that could rival some of the details from DF. Huge fortresses that do things - unlike giant empty structures from MC that serve no non-cosmetic purpose. Fortresses with tons of rooms because you need all that space to house creatures, workshops, engine rooms, underground farms, and so on. NPC villages, no, empires, that you interact with starting with simple trade roads.

On top of that - Moving Blocks! Lots and lots of moving blocks. We're already beginning to see that more and more with the physics system. Want a creature that falls over in a different way each time? Just physics-enable them! No pre-defined death animation sequence unless it makes sense. Want giant trees that actually fall over (or at least fall apart) when you cut the trunk? Yes! Entire cliffsides that turn into giant landslides because somebody detonated a string of TNT underneath them? Bring it!

And portals. Portals to local places with friends. Portals to distant places to explore. Portals to other worlds or planes of existence - whatever is behind there will originate in the minds of you and me.

:)