Intro Hello Everybody!!

Jai Aggarwal

• Name: "Jai Aggarwal"
  • Social: GitHub - https://github.com/jairook
  • Skills / Tools: I have worked with Java based web applications with MySql database and hibernate framework. For these, i have also used javascript and jquery. Although unrelated, i have done some electronics and embedded projects. As far as the skills are related, i know Java pretty well. And i have also worked with android, python, javascript, CSS, C, C++.
  • Found via: I found Terasology via GSOC!!
  • Interests: I have interest in game development, but i have more of craving to the AI and machine learning part in this project. I do not have proper skills related to these interest, but i do kind of meet the eligibility requirements, knowing Java.
    So, i would want to contribute the project in my full potential, while learning on the go.
  • Extra: As i mentioned before, i have done projects on electronics and embedded side. So, although maybe irrelevant to ask, if there is anything i can help with on that part, i am more than willing to contribute.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome @Jai Aggarwal ! AI is a great topic and a big one at that. It might be tricky to attempt for GSOC as several other students have expressed interest in the behavior tree setup, but we are always happy to help teach in general too :)

Embedded & electronics I'm not sure of, unless maybe somehow it could relate to peripherals like the Oculus Rift or Leap Motion. But those usually just run via SDKs/APIs so probably we don't quite reach the embedded level there.

To get started in any case grab the source code off GitHub and go through the setup instructions, maybe look at a tutorial or two, and find a simple issue in the contributor friendly list. Let us know if you encounter any problems or have other questions :)