Intro Hello from Manu

DragonManu

• Name: Manu Mitraan
  • Social: Github Facebook mail: manumitraan@gmail.com
  • Education: Computer Science, Sophomore, IIT Delhi
  • Skills / Tools: Java, C++, C, Unity, Blender
  • Found via: GSOC
  • Interests: Gamer designer with great passion for coding
  • Extra: Football, Swimming, crazy about new technology.

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Recruit ALL the Manus! Welcome! :D

I saw you in the IRC log once or twice, but am not sure if we heard from you what sort of area you'd be interested in working on? Do any of the GSOC ideas seem interesting to you? Have you managed to run the game from source yet?

Do let us know if you have questions!

DragonManu

Sorry for the late reply, (was outside network area for few days).
I ran the game (using ./gradlew game) and the game lagged a lot , but I use Ubuntu 16.10 on VirtualBox.
So I ran the game in Windows and faced no issues (couldn't try the multiplayer as the multiplayer lobby was empty most of the time)
Currently I am looking through the source files. I use intelliJ IDEA as my working environment.
I am interested in making the visuals for players in multiplayer and provide them options for customization (or even introduce crafted clothes / accessories ).
:D

Any tips to get started would be most welcome! :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
No worries on timing and feel free to fish around for other potential players on IRC for testing, that's a good way to coordinate :)

You might try starting with https://github.com/Terasology/TutorialAssetSystem to get a quick into to how some of our game assets work. Adding blocks, items, etc is easy. Models get a bit more complicated - @glasz is our expert there and has some nice work over in the Art forum.

DragonManu

I am getting this error "specify SDK at project structure" and "invalid <1.8> in dependency list" when I try to build on IntelliJ. Why is the sdk invalid? I ran gradlew idea and opened as existing project. Any idea how to solve this?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
@DragonManu that should be covered in our wiki setup pages like https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/wiki/Preparing-an-Engine-Workspace but in short you need to define an available JDK inside IntelliJ, just once (that's an IntelliJ setup step, not so much Terasology)

Simply go to File -> Project Structure -> Project SDK and click "New" to define one then use that one with Terasology.

Support questions like these are better answered over on IRC by the way, you are likely to get a much faster answer that way :)

DragonManu

Sorry but I haven't been able to spend time on contributing due to lack of time for the past two weeks.
I have made a draft of my proposal here. Please provide any suggestions!

I know its a bit too late but I believe "its better late than never". :)

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Indeed! Worst case scenario you still will have learned stuff :)

Deadline has passed now but we'll be going over the proposals some more over the next few weeks!