Source Hello, GSoC Introduction

Omar Verduga

• Name: Omar Verduga
  • Skills / Tools: I have professional game experience with C++ and C# programming, as well as server side programming with Java (I'm even certified in the 1.4 version). Now in my PhD, first year. I have also some experience in javascript, php and python as well.
  • Found via: Google GSoC
  • Interests: Artificial intelligence for games, so, in the context of the GSoC, I'm very interested in"Behavior Trees renovation/ documentation" idea.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Omar Verduga and welcome! Have you tried setting up to run the game from source yet? That would be a first step in any case :)

The behavior tree system has attracted quite a bit of interest (you can spot it in several other intros here). It is a very neat system and has a lot of potential.

Omar Verduga

Yes, Behavior trees have gained a lot of attention in the Game AI community the last years.
And yes, I ran the game from source last night, now I'm focusing my effort on create some kind of module after checking the project and codebase structure.

I think that probably I'll be tackling some ticket from your issue tracker this weekend.