Intro Hello! I'm Alpago! :D

• Name: Alpago Göçer
  • Social: -Not using atm-
  • Skills / Tools: I am learning Java and C#, want to be a game developer and i am teaching myself about game design. (Also working on algorithms)
  • Found via: I wanted to work on a project, so i looked for it and found GSOC. From there i researched every project and i sent to one of them (Spoiler its here) an email and, here i am :) I will do best i can even if i cant get selected for GSOC. This is best place to improve myself and get some experience because it matches with my goals. I am so happy right know about this :D
  • Interests: As i mention above, i want to be a game developer and i am teaching myself about game design. One of the my interests is Machine Learning, i know just the introduction part but i will improve myself about it. Teaching myself algorithms with this (https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/introduction-algorithms) Actually i dont know what to work on at the moment besides that it will be about coding but i will find out.
  • Extra: I am from Turkey, freshman Computer Science/Engineer student. My college is teaching me Java, that's a plus i think.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome to the forum at last :D

Your timing is definitely great for GSOC! The only person who joined this early last time landed a slot, and has been an awesome community member since - hi @Nihal Singh :D We have another GSOC student from 2 years ago also from Turkey, @tdgunes :)

Machine learning and AI are great topics! We have several contributors interested in that, and we're in touch with https://github.com/opennars/opennars which is interested in preparing an agent that can learn to play Terasology, simply by feeding in a video stream and simulated keyboard+mouse. Another interesting possibility is http://serpent.ai

NARS might be a little hard to get started with, but Serpent AI is very approachable. So even though it is in Python it might be worth playing with it a bit to see if you could get it started on Terasology :)

Hello Again :D

GSOC is really exciting thing and i care about this but i already got my prize when you (probably you, i dont know who answered my email) told me that i can help without GSOC. It's priceless atleast for me, and i am so grateful about this.

I don't even know what NARS or Serpent AI does but i will learn it ASAP. I have long way to go (but i also have desire). I will do my best this year to learn what to do and how to do things :) (Thank you again for giving me this opportunity, and also please warn me if i make a grammer mistake so that i won't do it again.)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yep that as me :)

I would suggest to focus on just one, whichever fits your code language and ML interests better - I'd lean toward Serpent as looking more approachable even if not quite as sophisticated. And Terasology itself of course

Looking forward to seeing you around for a long time, learning and growing with the rest of us :)