Intro Hello, Terasology!

andong

Name: "Dong An"

Social: GitHub and StackOverflow. And my blog(written in Chinese:().

From: Beijing, China. Studying Computer Software in Peking University.

Skills / Tools: Programming Languages: mainly Java, Python, Objective-C and C++. Others are not used as often.
I have the experience of developing mobile games using Unity3D and Cocos2d-x. I also have the experience of iOS development and Web backend development.

Found via: GSoC 2016

Interests: I love game development and I also love playing games. :D
The ideas I'm interested in are:
  • Mobile server management utility
  • Standalone NUI editor
  • Anatomy system
The first two ideas are about mobile, web and UI design, which I think I'm familiar with and can handle well. The third one is rather attractive and can bring more fun to the game. So I'd like to to work on one of these ideas to make contribution to Terasology!:)

Extra: Hope there is still time for me to do some minor fixes and apply for GSoC.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hello and welcome @andong :)

Although the proposal phase has already started on monday it's not too late for a proper introduction - you just need to hurry up a bit :D To get you started, have a look at the dev-setup guide on our GitHub wiki and the list of contributor-friendly issues. You can find general GSoC info in the main GSoC thread here in the forums. If you have any questions, ask them here on hop on our IRC channel (#terasology @ freenode).

All three topics you are interested in already got some attention by other students. Since time is running short for your proposal, I'd advice to focus on one topic, familiarize yourself with the related code and a write a good and structured proposal (quality before quantity).