Contributor Hello, this is Loonride!

Loonride

Contributor
  • Name: Kir (AKA Loonride)
  • Social: GitHub: https://github.com/Loonride, Loonride on Discord
  • Skills / Tools: My hobby projects mainly involve JavaScript, NodeJS, and web development tools. I have a good amount of experience with Java, C, and C++ as well!
  • Found via: GSOC 2019
  • Interests: My biggest hobby recently has been developing multiplayer browser games. The game I'm working on right now is actually a 2D, Minecraft-inspired game! A while back, I decided to give C++ and OpenGL a try, and made a pretty simple Minecraft clone. Terasology would be a great way for me to continue my endeavor into 3D games, and to spend more time using Java. I think terrain generation would be an interesting aspect of the game to look into. I also like the idea of a project where I can try to add settings that make the game less flashy, but make the game run faster on lower-end devices (I saw some settings to that purpose like removing shadows, but I'm still curious how much further we can go to improve it).
  • Extra: I originally discovered Terasology while working on my Minecraft clone. I never really looked into it, but I immediately recognized it when I saw it on the GSOC 2019 list and thought it would be a cool project to work on.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome to the community! Great to have you. Yes please dig as deep as you like in worldgen and help the game run more readily in all the places :)