Intro Hi from Tamara

tamaralnf

• Name: Tamara
  • Social: My twitter is @tamaraniac and my Github is github.com/tamaralnf (please ignore how this is currently 100% empty)
  • Skills / Tools: I'm a first-year computer science major at the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign) I'd say I have a really good grasp on Java, and a bunch of web design stuff such as HTML/CSS, Wordpress documentation, stuff like that. I have a working knowledge of Python and Matlab, and am always learning more. My parents are both designers, so I've been living graphic design my whole life and can do a lot with Adobe Creative Suite and etc.
  • Found via: GSOC (though I'm not sure if I will end up applying at this moment)
  • Interests: Game design is something I'm interested in learning more about and I think open source would be a great way to go about that... I also love Minecraft and this seems like a project I won't start off entirely lost on
  • Extra: random, but I'm also a journalism minor and a competitive synchronized swimmer :)

Isaac

Contributor
World
GUI
Hi Tamara,

Glad to have you on board! If you would like to just explore and experiment with the game locally you might want set up and run the game locally first using the guide here: https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/wiki/Preparing-an-Engine-Workspace. We also have our GSOC ideas page at https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/wiki/GSOC if you would just like to take look.

I'm sure your skills would be a great fit for this project, so do let us know if there's any particular area you would like to contribute in and we can point you in the right direction. Also, feel free to hop onto IRC to say hi or to ask any questions you might have about the game :)

smsunarto

Federal Gooey of Investigation
Art
Logistics
Hey @tamaralnf

Welcome to Terasology! I would extremely recommend the Exploration World project if you are interested in game design since it's one of the task that puts extreme-weight on your game design skills. There's several others that want to attempt that task though, so you might want to start thinking about what you want to do if you take on that task :D

Follow Isaac's suggestion and then you can start trying cool things in Terasology! Best of luck :)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Heyo :) If you happen to write an article about Terasology, Open Source, or anything of interest for us, just let us know. Do you by chance have a blog?

Not applying for GSOC is not big deal, we would still welcome you and appreciate any work you put into this project. Maybe next year's GSOC could be a better fit, who knows.