Contributor Hi, I'm Dmitriy

Damai

Contributor
  • Name: Dmitriy Parygin
  • Social: https://github.com/Parygind, parygind@gmail.com
  • From: I'm from Russia. 3nd Year of Omsk State University F.M. Dostoevsky
  • Found Via: GSOC organization page
  • Skills/ Tools:
    • Experienced in developing client-server apps (for PC and Android), and one of them is currently being used in a university of my city as a schedule manager on a regular basis.
    • lI have a solid knowledge of cameras, renderers and sprites, in addition with basics of openGL, and successfully used these tools in developing a few Android games.
    • Programming languages: proficient in Java/C# and also well-aware of C++ and Python.
  • Interests: Games and App development, also using my programming skills in writing research papers and publishing them in scientific journals.
  • Extra: Currently doing my best to perfect my programming skills and, therefore, use them to make our community a better place.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Damai and welcome!

Nice experience and skill set. Have you looked at our GSOC ideas page yet and thought about which might be interesting? Got a game source workspace working yet? :)

Damai

Contributor
I'm most interested in Port advanced organic growth simulator from Python.
Game source workspace works perfectly.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Excellent! Let us know if you have questions :)

That particular item is quite old, even if the growth simulator is very cool. The trickiest bit is translating anything with that level of granular detail into a voxel world - might need some additional block shapes to be able to better connect together smaller tree limbs and other such features, rather than rely on regular full sized blocks. May also need to include some work on improving block families (think fence blocks - one block family helps turn each permutation of a shaped fence block into the same generic fence block in an inventory)