Intro Hi Terasology!

ocksumoron

• Name: Daniil 'ocksumoron' Dmitriev
  • Social: github.com/ocksumoron, ocksumoron@gmail.com
  • From: Currently studying Computer Science at Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, sophomore
  • Skills / Tools: I have intermediate Java skills, strong algorithm/data structures knowledge, good mathematical skills and willing to learn new!
  • Found via: GSoC'16
  • Interests: I am fond of playing computer games as well as developing and introducing new algorithms. I have looked through the ideas presented in GSoC and decided to "Agent-based simulation of land usage", but I will be happy to help in another topics
  • Extra: I also have strong C++ and Python knowledge if it may somehow be useful in project.
    Thank you and looking forward to challenging tasks!
UPD: Actually I understand, that my chances to be among the two chosen ones are nearly zero, so I just want to try to learn and contribute to project that really got me comparing with a lot of other projects. :)

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @ocksumoron and welcome :)

Yeah for GSOC at this point the bar has been set pretty high already but great to hear you're still interested! Your pick actually is a pretty good and uncrowded area, nice spot to specialize in. It is also a very cool one we could use a lot more code for :)

Have you set up with a fork on GitHub and tried running the game from source yet?

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hi @ocksumoron and welcome :)

I would really like to see a proposal for the agent-based simulation come in, lots of fun things that can be done with this approach! Get your hands on the code, ask question on IRC or here on the forum if you get stuck somewhere, and have fun becoming a part of our community ;)