Hi there! I'm Aldo a new newcomer!

aldoborrero

Hi! How are you guys? The other day I discovered Terasology when I was researching more about gaming development and software architecture in concrete. And oh boy... I really liked what I found in your main repository on Github! :)

Since then every day on this week I've been reading the wiki and the source code in general in the hope to get quickly the big picture!

About me, I live in Spain, and currently I work at Sivarit (an spanish startup) programming mainly in Java (Android) and NodeJs.

My main objectives to this project are (a big picture and in whatever order comes to my mind):
* Contribute to the project fixing (for now, simple) bugs (until I get more deep understanding of the codebase).
* Learn about Software Architecture (that is a subject I want to really improve). The entity system you are using is fabolous (Unity also uses it, or at least the main principles. I'm not an Unity expert).
* Improve more my java skills (I'm a junior with more or less one year of experience).
* Learn more about graphics (OpenGL in particular) and game development in general.
* Help / port the engine to create an Android version (I have an spare Nexus 7 waiting for Tera).
* Start an spanish/portuguese section of the forum (I've talked recently with Cervator about that possibility).
* Translate some docs and wikis to spanish.
* I can help with things like Vagrant, Ansible / Chef (for automated provisioning, managing servers and many more).
* And many more things!

I think this project is far superior to what Minecraft can offer right now. Don't get me wrong, it is a great game! Notch did a very good job inspiring itself on Infiniminer and creating something unique and special. But when you want to dig deeper, when you want to learn how some things are done (and specially for those n00bs related to game programming like myself) you can't do too much with Minecraft (yes, you can decompile and those kind of things but it feels broken). Tera doesn't suffer from that. You're not limited in any way and I really liked it!

So, enough chatting! Nice to meet you! :D

Aldo

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome, officially, aldoborrero !

Moved your thread into the intro forum real quick :D

Especially excited of the further future Android / OUYA potential - there's a link to its old incubator :)

Sys admin type stuff also is something that could use more attention for sure!

I created a Spanish/Portuguese forum - let me know if I got the name and description right, good ole Google Translate ;)

You should have moderator rights in there so you can post a sticky greeting thread like in the other language forums :)